Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Jan 21 Event

Poimen

Got this from another board.

17z HRRR has it snowing from GSO almost to the coast at 0z with a large area of snow with embedded heavy bands one over wake county at 1z about an inch in that corridor already as well with pockets of 2. .1-.3 QPF widespread over central NC with 1-4 more hrs of precip left depending on location.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because we suck.  Come on, part of you wants that to verify, to be truly in a 50 mile wide precip hole would be to funny.  It's looking increasingly likely that GSO to Burlington may get in on that sick band, 3-4", wouldn't be surprised WSW go up for that area and for points NE of Wake County.

Ha!  No way.  On the other hand, I would like to see the coastal develop and intensify more SW than where it's shown. :)

Temps are really going to have to dive in NC outside the Mts this evening.

http://mesowest.utah.edu/cgi-bin/droman/mesomap.cgi?state=NC&address=&type=&noho=&rawsflag=3

Yeah, it is incredibly warm in a lot of areas that are forecast to get a good bit of snow.  This will limit accums initially.  Hopefully, the column will cool as quickly as forecast....something to pay attention to upstream, though the contrast isn't as great there.

Yeah, it is incredibly warm in a lot of areas that are forecast to get a good bit of snow.  This will limit accums initially.  Hopefully, the column will cool as quickly as forecast....something to pay attention to upstream, though the contrast isn't as great there.

Same thing was said about that band last year that got me. I believe temps hit 50 and as soon as the band came through blamo we had snow sticking to the ground. 

Going to go from low 60's to upper teens in 12-18hrs alone is pretty cool add the chance of a few inches of snow and its down right awesome, and if the models keep it up it might even be more like 3-4" I just hope they have a handle on it somewhat.

Nothing like a good rain on a snow day. Jumped 8 degrees coming back from stuart to kernersville. Sun peeking through the entire time. Congrats to any and all who get snow but i cant torture myself waiting for the inevitable nothingness. Not a winner this time!

Don't rain on the parade before it's even started.  K-vegas stands as good of a chance at seeing some accumulating snow as most folks on the board.

Archived