joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 21 Event

Poimen

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The cold is making its way in here that's for sure.

Down 5 degrees here in 20 mins with a N wind at 10, I suspect we get down to mid 40's fairly quickly then level off or drop real slow for awhile and everyone will be in panic mode, for us here we should not see the changeover till at best 9pm at worst after midnight.

Hoping that 1-2" comes to pass....

Been raining in Kernersville for like 30-40 minutes...   havent seen a snow flake yet, but patiently waiting/hoping.

Hmmm, that's good to know.  Allegedly, there will be strong CAA coincident with the precipitation.  Boundary layer is pretty warm, though, not sure how deep the above freezing temps extend....

Buddy1987, on 21 Jan 2014 - 4:27 PM, said:

Disc don't look now but there's a north to south band setting up its near Blacksburg right now cross the fingers

* temp down to 32.9

Now that you said something I had to look. Hope it fills in more and shift this way some.

I think we can throw the models out now. Just looking at the radar those areas in the "hole" will receive more precip. Now the question of the evening is how much will be snow.

Precip will be here in the next hour, not sure we are going to cool enough for snow.  Always something.

One last burst of sunlight here at State  :axe:  

It's a bit disconcerting to see cities to our west just report rain showers instead of snow, but we'll see what happens. I really like to use mPING to look at snow reports across the state, and so far it's been rather unimpressive. http://www.nssl.noaa.gov/projects/ping/display/

Can anyone else pick out the counties in the lee of the Apps?  Hint:  It's the nice, long, almost vertical section of NC with no clouds.  Downsloping is a beautiful thing...

Yes I can, I'm in one of those beautiful counties!!! :axe:  :gun_bandana:  at least we get the great COLD & DRY for the next at least 8-10 days or until it warms up, so it can rain......

Looks Like "convective" T-Storms are firing up between Chareston & Georgetown along the Coast up to almost the SC/NC borders;  Kinda Like that last Clipper did.. 

This is so much like that last clipper for the coast... Even hail reported in Charleston. Crossthread I'm not in Wilmington so keep me updated if y'all get any hail down there. 

Yes I can, I'm in one of those beautiful counties!!! :axe:  :gun_bandana:  at least we get the great COLD & DRY for the next at least 8-10 days or until it warms up, so it can rain......

I know what you mean. Until with get the southern branch get going we are done in Surry county as far as snow in concerned.

Archived