• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Jan 21 Event

Poimen

I'm not sure WRAL's timing is going to work out so well.

The timing on most winter events is terrible around here, its always starts either early or late and always ends earlier or later than forecast......yesterday they had us changing over to snow around 4 pm or basically right now. I bet its still snowing along the coastal areas at dawn tomorrow hell maybe even here.

I suppose since this thing seems to be digging further SW than modeled yesterday that everything is going to happen later and really that helps snow totals I think since most of us wil lsee our snow overnight.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has there been any reason to put us under an advisory?  I know earlier you were asking about certain maps.  Has anything changed to suggest the moisture will show up to create an event to call for an advisory?TIA

It has started to rain very lightly and the temp is dropping very slowly.  43.8 now at the house.

Given what the models have been showing lately why hasn't Blacksburg put Rckingham County under a WWA yet? Counties to my north and south are under one.

How much for Roxboro?

:axe:  :lol:

NWS going for 1-2

Recent trends big fat nada... in the goose egg. But fortunately I think recent trends off the short range models probably out to lunch. I have a hard time believing it continues digging that much with out some kind of a NW flow aloft. All day the flow aloft and above the surface has been S/SW. 

The timing on most winter events is terrible around here, its always starts either early or late and always ends earlier or later than forecast......yesterday they had us changing over to snow around 4 pm or basically right now. I bet its still snowing along the coastal areas at dawn tomorrow hell maybe even here.

I suppose since this thing seems to be digging further SW than modeled yesterday that everything is going to happen later and really that helps snow totals I think since most of us wil lsee our snow overnight.

Yeah, that's true.  I'm fine with it coming in later.  I was hoping my son would get to see it falling, though.  Looks like, if anything, he's going to see rain, unless we let him stay up late or unless it cools off really quickly.

Anybody heard from RaleighWX?  He's been radio silent on here for this one.

He's active on twitter

Allan Huffman ‏@RaleighWx 6h hi-res models are showing a trend for a little mesoscale band of enhanced lift east of Triangle this evening. Wendel to Rocky mount to Roanoke Rapids. I wouldnt be surprised to see some isolated spots in that area get 2-3 inches if things come together right.

Temps dropping fast now went from 34.9 to 33.4 in the last about 20 min. Still horrid snizzle flakes outside. Looks like the lift on the radar missed ROA and is to our south and east moving east. Anyone think that as the low gets cranking off the coast this may be able to pinwheel before it get too far to our north and east?

Yeah, that's true.  I'm fine with it coming in later.  I was hoping my son would get to see it falling, though.  Looks like, if anything, he's going to see rain, unless we let him stay up late or unless it cools off really quickly.

Looks like it's coming in earlier, if that is the band over GSO right now, it will be in the triangle by 5pm, which ain't good, later the better.

He's active on twitter

Allan Huffman ‏@RaleighWx 6h hi-res models are showing a trend for a little mesoscale band of enhanced lift east of Triangle this evening. Wendel to Rocky mount to Roanoke Rapids. I wouldnt be surprised to see some isolated spots in that area get 2-3 inches if things come together right.

Thanks.  I can't access it from work....or Facebook.

Probably think we are a bunch of suckers thinking we are going to get 1-2". 

Haha!  True.

Buddy1987, on 21 Jan 2014 - 3:36 PM, said:

Disc can you comment on any dendrite production your way? Looking at that radar Bob Chill put up there are some heavy echos that are expanding toward you

Some very light fine snow/sleet I think? The returns haven't quite reached me yet, but they are creeping north for sure.

packbacker, on 21 Jan 2014 - 3:39 PM, said:

Your kidding, you are under a WSW and you got no accumulations?  Feel bad for Richmond too.

None at all. Been in the mid-30s all day. I was REALLY expecting at least an inch and even that appears to be slipping away at the moment. I suppose that's why I've been throwing a mini weenie fit.

None at all. Been in the mid-30s all day. I was REALLY expecting at least an inch and even that appears to be slipping away at the moment. I suppose that's why I've been throwing a mini weenie fit.

You and I both I am extremely frustrated. That being said that wall of green is expanding rapidly and is headed right up 581 you should be getting into anytime you'll get it before I do.

Archived