• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 6-8 2014 arctic attack obs thread...

Marion_NC_WX

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow, now that is impressive!! if we get a couple more hours with dropping temps you probably will hit double digits below zero!  if that were to happen here, its conceivable there could be areas in ne ga that hit 0 or go just below!

This is a very impressive airmass. To bad we do not have any blocking to sustain this for about a week. Ya your temp is very impressive for NE GA.

I'm down to 1. Friend of mine that lives in Glenville at 4500 has a pic with her thermometer at -9.

Wow ya I think we are going to see some very cold temps out of this in the mountains. Maybe just maybe some low near -20. We have dropped another degree to -8.

There is a pinnacle  real close to Frosty's house. 10 miles se of me. Stokes county boarders Surry county where I'm from NC. BTW- I'm coming your way tomorrow working, Hickory, Icard, Granite Falls etc....

Currently 9.8 DP -4

Thanks, Frosty.  Enjoy the heatwave down this way!!  We should max out around 20-25 F tomorrow.

12.9°

Officially the coldest temp I've ever knowingly experienced in my life.

That's it!!

This post is a revelation.  I now know why I am totally bored with this.  I've experienced sub zero temps many times. I grew up in Northern NJ during the snowy, cold early 60s.  I've skied in the Alps at -15. I lived in the mountains of VA during the epic late 70s winters. I was walking around here in 1985 the morning it was -8.  

I feel better now.  :)

That's it!!

This post is a revelation. I now know why I am totally bored with this. I've experienced sub zero temps many times. I grew up in Northern NJ during the snowy, cold early 60s. I've skied in the Alps at -15. I lived in the mountains of VA during the epic late 70s winters. I was walking around here in 1985 the morning it was -8. "he is the most interesting man in the world"!

I feel better now. :)

10.4 imby 11:22PM going to be close

Dobbins/Marietta reported 11 at the 11PM update

DP -2

WC -5

Hartsfield reported 13

Gainesville 9

10.7 here. Probably will be just after midnight before getting below 10 here.

forgot to mention..the wind backed off some it seemed for a while (10 to at most 15mph) but is back strong right now. Been having sustained winds of of 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 27. WC is -8 but using the gusts it's -11. (-30 on the old index)  It's wonderful lol

Archived