joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter

Isopycnic

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A crack in the armor! And I took the under. :)

LOL.  The latest HRRR which I always think has done well has 2" for western Wake, 3" for RDU and 4" for eastern Wake, that is snow with 10:1 ratio's, so maybe with ratios you can add an 1/2".  Kind of what I was thinking will happen.  Still not a flake here.

LOL.  The latest HRRR which I always think has done well has 2" for western Wake, 3" for RDU and 4" for eastern Wake, that is snow with 10:1 ratio's, so maybe with ratios you can add an 1/2".  Kind of what I was thinking will happen.  Still not a flake here.

Well I was thinking 4" all a long so that sounds good.

Not sure where you are in Apex, but I have friends near Beaver Creek saying their trampoline is white already

Didn't you post an image earlier for right around this time that showed Charlotte in what you deemed a "dryslot"? 

For those cliff diving in RDU it looks like the eastern half of the precip shield is expanding to the north and west.

Yep...There is always gaps in the radar as the LP starts to form on the coast. Then precip shield starts expanding from the S and E. We just hope it is close enough to the coast to throw a good amount of moisture back our way. Hopefully some good bands will set up over us.

The models aren't showing good coverage till later tonight as the upper level jet streak and mid level energy inches closer.  With that said it's going to be a sharp cut off and painful for some.  I'm thinking the cut off will be about a mile east of Widreman's house.

That would be quite the meltdown.....In Cary it's coming down good and whitening things quickly.

Would love to have an update from WxSouth and RaleighWx on if this is going as they thought so far.

RAP ticked east again, has NW Wake County with 3", central Wake with 4-5" and county line with 6". It will tick east a little more, probably match HRRR with 2" for west Wake and 4" for east Wake. So 2-4" looks like a good call for RDU

Archived