joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter

Isopycnic

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It sounds like things are terrible in Alabama with a lot of people being caught off-guard and school buses stranded.

The same thing is happening here in North Georgia.  100 accidents in the last 3 hours in my county alone, and that's not counting all the hundreds of accidents in the other metro ATL counties nearby.  Icing on I575 already.  The snow began here at 10:45am and we already have 1.5".

I have one son stranded in traffic on a school bus, because they panicked at 11am and decided to close at 1pm.  He's texting me that he's safe but they can't move.

Spouse is in downtown ATL and looking at what will easily be a 4-5 hour commute to get back up here.

Fun times.  I like snow, but I like everyone I care about to be safe inside our homes when it starts. :P

Roads here should stay fine or mostly fine.  It's way too cold to have melting issues and just snow is pretty easy to drive on as long as people don't go crazy.  On second thought make sure you don't drive near anyone.

It's pretty crazy on the roads here in Hickory.  There's no more than 0.25-0.5 inch on the ground, but it all sticks instantaneously.  I had to take three different detours on the way home due to wrecks.  In addition, I saw at least three other cars slid off the road in places.

I've never really witnessed this dry of a snow before.  Usually we have snow with temps in the 30s, not in the upper teens.  The flakes are very fine, but there are lots of them.  It's probably not going to be too good for snowmen and snowballs, but it's beautiful.  So, just over two hours of light snow has added up to less than an inch, even without melting.  Perhaps we'll get some heavier stuff later on.  At least, I believe the RAP is showing that.

:santa:

Great report. Same type of flakes down this way also!

It's pretty crazy on the roads here in Hickory.  There's no more than 0.25-0.5 inch on the ground, but it all sticks instantaneously.  I had to take three different detours on the way home due to wrecks.  In addition, I saw at least three other cars slid off the road in places.

I've never really witnessed this dry of a snow before.  Usually we have snow with temps in the 30s, not in the upper teens.  The flakes are very fine, but there are lots of them.  It's probably not going to be too good for snowmen and snowballs, but it's beautiful.  So, just over two hours of light snow has added up to less than an inch, even without melting.  Perhaps we'll get some heavier stuff later on.  At least, I believe the RAP is showing that.

:santa:

Would someone tell me why the snow here in Rock Hill, SC (20 miles south of Charlotte) is having such a hard time hitting the ground?  We have had a north wind pretty much all day.  Is it drying it up before it hits the ground?  Frustrating to hear reports of snow/sleet all around us and we have nothing to show for it except cold and overcast.  Thanks.

Would someone tell me why the snow here in Rock Hill, SC (20 miles south of Charlotte) is having such a hard time hitting the ground?  We have had a north wind pretty much all day.  Is it drying it up before it hits the ground?  Frustrating to hear reports of snow/sleet all around us and we have nothing to show for it except cold and overcast.  Thanks.

That is odd... I'm well north of you and I'm getting light snow, 26 degrees 56% humidity

My humidity is slowly rising... every time i post it, it goes up

Archived