joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter

Isopycnic

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will say I think their call of 1-2 for the triad looks dead on.  Radar just isn't filling in like it needs to.

I agree.  I don't have a problem with their Triad forecast per se.  I'd take 2" of snow and cash out considering the circumstances.  It's the subtle tones in their Tweets and discussions that a weather event really isn't a weather event unless it affects the state's capital city.  For example:

https://twitter.com/NWSRaleigh/status/428266753701859328

At 335 pm...snowing now in Goldsboro, Clinton, Roxboro, Greensboro, Winston-Salem, Lexington. #dontpanicitiscoming

What do you mean it's coming?  It's already here for a significant portion of your forecasting area.

We are heading for one of the all time worst busts. It will literally be snowing in DC before it's snowing here, well I should say if it snows here. It's trying really hard to not snow in RDU, there is almost a perfect circle around us with a big gaping precip hole coming right for us. Why did we cancel schools?

i posted same exact thing ab cae and it got deleted.

packbacker has been a negative nancy since this event started to get looked at.  I hope there's a 24 hour snow hole over his roof.

in other news, accuweather now says little to no accumulation for CLT tonight...and we just started.  It's pretty laughable

It is a bit ironic that I see all these people from the Raleigh area (not necessarily here, FB and other places) complaining that school was out today, yet the people in GA and AL are complaining that school wasn't out today.  It kinda makes me feel bad for the people who have to make those decisions.

It is a bit ironic that I see all these people from the Raleigh area (not necessarily here, FB and other places) complaining that school was out today, yet the people in GA and AL are complaining that school wasn't out today.  It kinda makes me feel bad for the people who have to make those decisions.

It's usually a safe call not to bother cancelling school in the Triangle, because it doesn't ****ing snow here anymore. Not sure what's up with AL/GA, but I'm sure they'll figure it out eventually.

So, should we be worried about getting the shaft in North Raleigh or are we good? My journalism degree isn't doing any good here.

Well let's see, all 18z runs backed off (NAM's, RGEM, GFS), now has closer to 0.3" of precip.  Don't believe the RAP, it may work out well for GA/AL but not for here, always high on precip.

Archived