joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter

Isopycnic

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Ga has a state of emergency and they're blaming the traffic on them not being able to clear the roads.  Funny thing is this was well predicted for Atl proper so they knew full well it was coming; guess they'll need to get somebody to teach them how to prepare properly.

Might be a job there somewhere for an enterprising company..

Gotta laugh at the northerners laughing at us southerners though; although tragic where exactly was that huge pileup the other day?  Up north..  Only difference is they have more equipment; they still have stupid drivers.

Would like to see them try to go 100 mph around 285 when it's dry like a bunch of the locals do; bet they'd piss their pants..

I know that. I guess I thought the flakes would be bigger, though. And it is coming down so light now. I was just saying it has to pick up to get the bigger ratios.

We need to be under one of the heavy bands that are to the east of us to start a good accumulation.

OK, this thing needs to start picking up or I am afraid it could end p being a bust.

I'm not cliff diving yet but I'm beginning to feel the same way.

OK, this thing needs to start picking up or I am afraid it could end p being a bust.

I'm thinking chance of a bust in the Chapel Hill area is pretty high now. We are just not getting enough moisture to amount to much.

I'm not sure why we keep thinking that heavy snow is going to fall around 9:00. The radar does not depict any heavy returns upstream to move into the area. In fact, the upstream radar is concerning, although the snow hole in SC might be trying to fill in.

There has been some westward expansion of the precip shield, but I haven't seen any evidence of a heavy snow band setting up yet. Maybe one will magically appear later.

Also, the HRRR looks worse, RDU 2.5".

Screw the HRRR. That model has already blown it's estimates for places that have already received snow/sleet/ice so screw that model. Seriously quit looking at the HRRR. I'd rather you look at the 00z NAM.

Archived