joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter

Isopycnic

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i cant believe the one time we want higher dewpoints they are super low lol.  dry air is eating up a lot, major virga storm over n ga.  someone posted in the other thread of a few flurries in ellijay. at least there is finally a report of something reaching the ground in n ga

I think we'll only get a couple of inches in the Triangle because of how dry the air is. This is going to turn out to be a non-event outside of the coastal plain. Another hyped-up snowstorm fail.

While I might not post much I think you are 100% correct. I would soooo much rather forecasters underestimate totals even though I know that this storm has been tough to predict. Didn't you say you would get 1-3" last week Brick? I hope that you're right but I think we will be lucky to get two inches.

I would just love to be in a some type of advisory/warning area that would at least give me a little hope.  I can't seem to get that this year.  That last little system skipped right over me too.  

Congrats to all of you that have continued to say I was in the "NO SNOW HOLE" you guys are dead on :cry: ...I went to bed hoping you guys were wrong and the forecast would change but it didn't...you guys are great for giving accurate data and outcomes...although I do hate your forecast (for this storm, lol) 

It's painful as crap to congratulate the beach bums but I guess I will...lol  Get out and enjoy your snow as I hope this is your last one until I get mine lol

WOW!  I am impressed Brick...are you okay?!  I can't recall you ever being positive. LOL  Anyway I do hope you get your snow...post some pics for all us NON-SNOW receivers :fulltilt:

We'll be fine when the precip gets here. It's not supposed to start until later this afternoon. And I think we'll have high rates and heavy precip to overcome it anyway.

I think we'll only get a couple of inches in the Triangle because of how dry the air is. This is going to turn out to be a non-event outside of the coastal plain. Another hyped-up snowstorm fail.

Yeah we'll see.  I'm not feeling this storm either.  Hoping for the best, but for CLT, I just get a fringed feeling.  We're right on the edge.  Feel real good for Raleigh, but this was just never a WNC storm IMO.  It would have phased....different story. 

Some people on here would complain about getting $999,999.99 because it wasn't a million. I get upstate people being scared but for everyone else east relax and enjoy.

Upstate here, can confirm I am scared. RAP now brings the overrunning band south of us so we get stuck in a split, but I'll take my .2 of precip and run like hell.

My guess would be it's not seeing how deep this cold air is. As soon as the column cools you're in business. I have a hard time buying with these temps that anyone outside of west of 95 gets mixing issues. 

Yeah, I think so too.  I have been watching the radar like a hawk.  It looks like the last few frames have started to show some spotty development across the sandhills.  I'm sure it's virga, but at least there's something now.

What's with the orange there Bevo?? :cry:

See the burgerman for the knowledge you desire :)

My guess would be it's not seeing how deep this cold air is. As soon as the column cools you're in business. I have a hard time buying with these temps that anyone outside of west of 95 gets mixing issues. 

Yeah - no way there's mixing issues up here. It's just so freaking dry though. It will take some time to saturate for sure.

Archived