• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
January Banter

Isopycnic

Thoughts on how you guys / gals  :wub:  would like to structure the threads over the next 36 hours?  We currently have the storm disco thread going strong, with obs also.  I have no issue with Burns creating a storm specific bitches moans complaints banter thread, as Jan banter is getting kinda large (120 pages), and pinned it may help folks take the crap where it belongs.  Your call on if we keep a sep obs and disco, what we don't want is people talking about the same thing in multiple threads, that can be a headache.  

attachicon.gifwow.JPG

IMO,

If folks will keep the OBS to actual OBS then our format we've used in the past will work fine. Those threads are quite useful to do recaps of events but weeding through the "I don't think we are getting what was forecasted, what a bust, when will the change over occur, etc." posts are a pain.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thoughts on how you guys / gals  :wub:  would like to structure the threads over the next 36 hours?  We currently have the storm disco thread going strong, with obs also.  I have no issue with Burns creating a storm specific bitches moans complaints banter thread, as Jan banter is getting kinda large (120 pages), and pinned it may help folks take the crap where it belongs.  Your call on if we keep a sep obs and disco, what we don't want is people talking about the same thing in multiple threads, that can be a headache.  

I kind of like the way we did it last time w/ the disco and obs in the same thread and then a seperate banter thread.  The only concern with disco and obs in the same thread would be the amount of people the storm is going to effect and the thread could grow in a hurry.  But if possible I like having disco and obs in one thread.  Just my 2 cents.

not sure why so many are giving so much credence to the sref, as SF said it has been an outlier the past 3 days.  

As far as myself I'm keeping track of what all the models are showing for my area.  The sref did come in around what other models are showing.

RAP tells the tale. It sounds crazy, but locations NW of I-85 could see a surprise 4". Book it.

And then forget I said it. :)

One thing no one has thought of.  If we switch the signs from I77 and I85 the storm may get confused and push further inland to make the forecast verify.  

To late sir. Holding you to it!!

Haha! I knew I'd get subpoenaed. Truth be told, I have never understood why at this point - within 24 hours - the RAP doesn't take top priority.

And the RAP, in my opinion, is very encouraging for more folks that were on the outside looking in (NW of I-85 in SC). I would not be at all surprised to see just east of Greenville get an unexpected 3"-5", which would be a huge score.

Of course, that is IF the RAP is correct. 

One thing no one has thought of.  If we switch the signs from I77 and I85 the storm may get confused and push further inland to make the forecast verify.  

I thought of it. Almost got arrested when the signs no longer fit in my Saturn and were sticking out 6' from the back windows.

Nice idea; moving I-20 signs up to I-85 may help here..  Oops; my wife just saw this; something was muttered about a white jacket.

Archived