• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12/14 to 12/15 Snow Storm Observations

WeatherFox

Actually, earth light, the only thing I noticed with the HRRR, and maybe I'm wrong about how it is supposed to work....but it still seems to show 2-3" at least of extra snowfall accumulating for us in the next 15 hours, which is obviously not going to happen.....I think it was probably counting that bright banding (mixing) as extremely heavy snow 1-2"/hour?

Sleet technically counts as snow, so that might be it. But which run are you looking at? Remember that they'll always be a bit behind. It's already 2:37z.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really laughing pretty hard. Not sure if it's really that funny, or if the sleet pinging on my window is driving me to the brink of insanity.

Nice forecast by you, BTW... yes, sleet is almost entirely worthless... though in grad school we had 2-3" of pure sleet and my buddy from Oregon had never seen it so I kind of delighted in seeing the bouncing orbs through his virgin eyes.

Nice forecast by you, BTW... yes, sleet is almost entirely worthless... though in grad school we had 2-3" of pure sleet and my buddy from Oregon had never seen it so I kind of delighted in seeing the bouncing orbs through his virgin eyes.

I never liked sleet, but the aftermath from the Valentines Day storm was awesome. That ice pack was impressive.

Can anyone suggest an accurate weather app for iPhone? Because the default weather app is horrible

Honestly....for radar go for RadarScope....the best $10 you can spend.....and for true weather forecasts, there is no great app. Some look "cooler", but I would stick to NWS forecasts, combined with this forum and a little reading of the weather models

Honestly....for radar go for RadarScope....the best $10 you can spend.....and for true weather forecasts, there is no great app. Some look "cooler", but I would stick to NWS forecasts, combined with this forum and a little reading of the weather models

Thank you

Archived