CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
The 12/14-15 The bad pattern storm

Ji

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An inch or two for the spots that already received snow is a lock....it's Wednesday people and it's the euro.

I think

I still stand by this quote from yesterday morning. I know there are some out there that are only in it for the big dog...I happen to be one who simply loves snow...all snow events make me happy even if it turns to rain. I plan on being at 10" total for December come Sunday...thanks

Just catching up on the overnight models. My morning reading always starts here with a fresh cup of java in hand. So trends sound good to slightly better? CAD further south and holding longer? What if we some don't switch over to rain? That possible? Either way--happy that any snow is in the forecast again.

Just catching up on the overnight models. My morning reading always starts here with a fresh cup of java in hand. So trends sound good to slightly better? CAD further south and holding longer? What if we some don't switch over to rain? That possible? Either way--happy that any snow is in the forecast again.

Precip is the bigger question in my mind...how much or how little...temps are gonna be marginal but seem to be close enough...only recent runs have ramped up the qpf a tad

Read the latest NWS forecast discussion from Sterling. They have high confidence in "measurable precipitation" using a blend of the GFS/Euro/SREFS. They are not so sure on the thermal profiles. Lets hope the trend for CAD holding on longer can continue with today's model runs.

In josh's defense, it's not a rainstorm but it's mostly a non-event for DC and closer burbs so far. Precip is light on the front end verbatim. Surface temps at or slightly above freezing, no heavy rates, and during day (weak sun angle is still sun angle) means by accum very suspect.

Even a bit further out isn't all that exciting...yet.

The extent and intensity of the initial band has been suspect run after run. Room to improve but expecting it doesn't have a lot of support.

In josh's defense, it's not a rainstorm but it's mostly a non-event for DC and closer burbs so far. Precip is light on the front end verbatim. Surface temps at or slightly above freezing, no heavy rates, and during day (weak sun angle is still sun angle) means by accum very suspect.

Even a bit further out isn't all that exciting...yet.

The extent and intensity of the initial band has been suspect run after run. Room to improve but expecting it doesn't have a lot of support.

You act like you don't think this is going to happen. No need to play that conservative game with us Bob. It is looking pretty mundane for DC, but things have gotten better.

Archived