• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
The 12/14-15 The bad pattern storm

Ji

In josh's defense, it's not a rainstorm but it's mostly a non-event for DC and closer burbs so far. Precip is light on the front end verbatim. Surface temps at or slightly above freezing, no heavy rates, and during day (weak sun angle is still sun angle) means by accum very suspect.

Even a bit further out isn't all that exciting...yet.

The extent and intensity of the initial band has been suspect run after run. Room to improve but expecting it doesn't have a lot of support.

Obrigado....  

I'm taking my lead from the CWG post-"storm" article - if you're inside or near the beltway, and the temps are marginal, and the rates aren't super, it's unlikely you're getting snow.

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats better. Give it time though. ;)

I never said it wasn't going to happen. I just think was is going to happen isn't very exciting. Front end precip can surprise though. And we won't know intensity and expanse until tomorrow night and even then...

The storm has a healthy moisture feed that goes all the way back to south of HI. But it's progressive and strung out so slow moving and hot and heavy can't happen. Everyone on this forum knows I'll track it like every other threat. Tempered expectations is a smart play imo.

I had punted on this. Now I'm not so sure. Temps are still marginal but I guess they were on Sunday as well.

Temps were not marginal on Sunday. It was 27 degrees here during the snow. This looks more like 32-33 stuff. Unless it snows hard we won't accumulate much. That's a fact. Expectations should be around an inch for the majority of us.

Temps were not marginal on Sunday. It was 27 degrees here during the snow. This looks more like 32-33 stuff. Unless it snows hard we won't accumulate much. That's a fact. Expectations should be around an inch for the majority of us.

Pretty much. Earlier onset would help. Especially us tropical guys down here.

I haven't seen anything but the 6z GFS.  I remained unmoved.  Remember, I live in DC

You guys N and W, this looks good and I can understand the interest.   Good luck.

You're so in.  Don't pretend otherwise.

I'm actually not.  You know I have no problems saying I'm in.   I'm just not feeling excited at all by this one.   Maybe I can go see my sis in HGR.   Nah, then I'd have to pay for a car for the weekend.  She ain't worth all that! 

It could easily be as good as the last events in our backyards. Stay positive.

Archived