12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
The 12/14-15 The bad pattern storm

Ji

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This seems def trending more south then previous runs..all the runs prior really had no snow type accumulation..and now it appears even a trace is showing..What if the southern low gets stronger then modeled and a transfer occurs just a bit more south ..then what..

Trend is south and hopefully it will continue. Im here at the harbor and there is only about a 1/2 of snow on the roof tops and ground is clear. At home its a glacier. We were hit with another 1/4 inch in about 25 mins, got to 83 & nada. I love snow but it is weird being in a narrow stripe that gets pounded while the north and south of you are minor impacts. I need a storm that impacts the whole region so work can close!

Trend is south and hopefully it will continue. Im here at the harbor and there is only about a 1/2 of snow on the roof tops and ground is clear. At home its a glacier. We were hit with another 1/4 inch in about 25 mins, got to 83 & nada. I love snow but it is weird being in a narrow stripe that gets pounded while the north and south of you are minor impacts. I meed a storm that impacts the whole region so work can close!

I'm sure it seemed important to tell us that your house in PA is a better place for snow than the Inner Harbor in Baltimore.

I really have to move to Manchester

they have a super Walmart right in town, a Jos. A. Banks factory store 10 minutes to the south, and Hanover, PA is only 15 minutes to the north with all the major chains-restaurants, retailers, etc.

yes..it would be great if you moved out of the area that allows you to complain 24.7

I'm sure it seemed important to tell us that your house in PA is a better place for snow than the Inner Harbor in Baltimore.

obviously, notwithstanding, this has been the most stark contrast I have ever seen. Most events impact the entire region, but the isolated local impact in this pattern has been extreme.

obviously, notwithstanding, this has been the most stark contrast I have ever seen. Most events impact the entire region, but the isolated local impact in this pattern has been extreme.

My advice: save these posts for the Central PA forum.

Most posters here haven't been as lucky as we've been, and if you talk about how much snow you've been getting, especially if you're north of the M/D line, people will get mad at you.

I would prefer that the larger inner cities are hit with a greater impact. Makes life easier for me. Secs, Mecs, etc are the way to go. In this pattern Pa was screwed as well as the southern crowd. Harrisburg had a trace last event. 15 miles south and 15 miles north of the mason dixon only really were hit not once but twice. This has never happened to this extreme back to back.

If I chase, I was thinking Allentown, PA? We shall see! It looks like my first snow chase. HAHA.

Wish I could have chased the lake effect yesterday and today!

Me too! we were at the weather center at MU watching those epic bands over the Tug Hill and south of Buffalo.... made me so jealous since many of the guys are there for the OWLES project.

Most posters here haven't been as lucky as we've been, and if you talk about how much snow you've been getting, especially if you're north of the M/D line, people will get mad at you.

I seem to remember something similar a few years back, where HGR north kept getting nickel and dime type snowfall/ice events and everyone south was either rain or dry.

i'm in the minority, but it doesn't bother me one iota when someone from another location mentions how much snow they got.  i'm not sure why it doesn't annoy me, but it doesn't.  in some ways, i kinda like the fact that i can find out much snow someone got without having to switch threads.  i'm lazy like that.

12z GGEM is problematic for the cities, as expected but northern MD specifically out near Manchester/Frederick and north above the PA line look to due decently well..While a tough forecast, I think its generally clear cut..north and west of baltimore theres potential for 1-3 inches of snow and near the PA line and accross it, theres potential for 2-4+...Cities, likely not much at all.

Archived