joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12/6-12/7 obs thread

Bostonseminole

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Despite my own enthusiasm this morning ... I have to consider the possibility that the Euro and NAM may bust too cold.  

Didn't the Euro do this once last year, and we had a cold rain instead?    Different set-up, but I remember the outcome.  

We'll see... I'm still interested in the fact that the elevations are showing freezing now, which means that despite the 40F thing going on there is cold not to far up ...that is, below whatever toxin may lurk above even that.  

You know, it sucks.  I really don't like tracking these sort of pain in the necks.  I think at this point I'd be a happier Meteorologist if this huge negative anomaly in Canada just disappeared and we set up a whole new paradigm; start from scratch.  

What do you mean?  Why would you want to get rid of the Canadian cold anomalies? 

Probably off-topic for this thread, though.  Just curious.

What do you mean?  Why would you want to get rid of the Canadian cold anomalies? 

Probably off-topic for this thread, though.  Just curious.

It can be cold in Canada without having 120dm of height gradient between the southern tip of James Bay and Miami.  I didn't say I "wanted" anything.  

But, that "gradient pattern" is off the charts!  It is causing an utter maelstrom that's triggering seismic signals on Jupiter for cryin' out loud.  The flow is too fast and causing too many timing headaches; event headaches for that matter, too.   

It can be cold in Canada without having 120dm of height gradient between the southern tip of James Bay and Miami.  I didn't say I "wanted" anything.  

But, that "gradient pattern" is off the charts!  It is causing an utter maelstrom that's triggering seismic signals on Jupiter for cryin' out loud.  The flow is too fast and causing too many timing headaches; event headaches for that matter, too.   

Haha, sorry I just interpreted you being happier if the anomalies disappeared as wanting it.  My bad but that's not the point... I get what you are saying.  Lots of mixed precipitation events and in general light events it seems.  This isn't the pattern to get 10-inch snowstorms or coastal bombs, and especially with no blocking to the north, these systems fly past us quickly.  Anyway, off-topic and more pattern thread oriented.

Tip I think you can brush 2" of wet snow off the car tomorrow morning, it may be painful to wait for though, lol. 

The last time you griped about the fast flow we got the February blizzard of 2013 a week later....

:lmao:

Too funny, that's how I often view these scenarios in the Pioneer Valley.  Can't turn to frozen quick enough.  I suspect I have quite a while to wait...

With longer duration events, I don't worry about early "wasting."  But in this scenario every hour matters.  And down here we are a few hours away from freezing while just down the road, up above 1000ft it's 32F.

Haha, sorry I just interpreted you being happier if the anomalies disappeared as wanting it.  My bad but that's not the point... I get what you are saying.  Lots of mixed precipitation events and in general light events it seems.  This isn't the pattern to get 10-inch snowstorms or coastal bombs, and especially with no blocking to the north, these systems fly past us quickly.  Anyway, off-topic and more pattern thread oriented.

Tip I think you can brush 2" of wet snow off the car tomorrow morning, it may be painful to wait for though, lol. 

Actually the NAM doesn't even change ORH over until 11pm ...so yeah there's time.   I'm kinda in Scotts school of just not likely these trickle deals.   

Interesting VAD profile out of ALB... that low level NW flow below 6,000ft and more westerly turning SW above that level, looks like a profile that would favor some upsloping on the western side of the Berkshires.  Sort of seeder feeder, just enhancing some condensation in the lower levels while most of the more serious lift is occurring higher up.  Could also help to cool the column along the western slope of the Berks/Taconics with just that slight upsloping.

ALB_Dec6.gif

Archived