wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Winter '13/'14 Banter/Complaint Thread Part 1

dmc76

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This morning is a perfect example as to why I don't too much care for these types of snowfalls.

The streets (especially side streets) are skating rinks. And it was light enough to where the road crews wasn't out and about treating the streets too.

I'll take the snow where the streets are rutted anyday.

This morning is a perfect example as to why I don't too much care for these types of snowfalls.

The streets (especially side streets) are skating rinks. And it was light enough to where the road crews wasn't out and about treating the streets too.

I'll take the snow where the streets are rutted anyday.

Bump.

This thread will get one hell of a workout if the models continue to crap out.

was just about to post this. Gotta luv living in the narrow stripe of no snow cover...

yeah....kinda of a 2 sided post...

on one hand, there is healthy snowcover a good chunk of the CONUS...which isn't bad for 11DEC

on the other hand, it is comical that the lowest depths run right through the heart of the subforum

At least part of the screwhole in Northeast IN is a thing of the past. I have an inch and a half on the ground and it's still coming down.

In the spirit of this thread, it still sucks that a much heavier band of snow cover exists to both my north and my south.

Maybe we start to change that this weekend.  Then the question is how long it sticks around. 

I want to shriek with exasperation but I feel like February 8, 2013 is holding me back. Even though that was one kernel of joy in a bowl of sh*t that has spanned 5 FOOKING YEARS

It's been an interesting year weather-wise in Toronto. The big snowstorm in early February and the surprise flash-flood event on July 8th (4-5" of rain in a couple of hours). It would be nice to end the year with a bang. Let's hope so.

I want to shriek with exasperation but I feel like February 8, 2013 is holding me back. Even though that was one kernel of joy in a bowl of sh*t that has spanned 5 FOOKING YEARS

Im about to lose it now, lol. That storm in February is the whole reason I gave last winter a B rating. If it weren't for that, it would for sure get a C- rating. -_- This is getting beyond frustrating. 

I'm at a point where I feel like retiring from being a weather, specifically winter, enthusiast in Toronto and moving to the Arctic to pursue this hobby again... Its like your in a decent location to witness some exciting snowstorms but in recent years that hasnt happened. 

It's been an interesting year weather-wise in Toronto. The big snowstorm in early February and the surprise flash-flood event on July 8th (4-5" of rain in a couple of hours). It would be nice to end the year with a bang. Let's hope so.

Oh i remember that storm in early July. Holy sh!t did it ever rain...my basement flooded that day as well -_- Took me 4 hours to get all the water out and dry up my basement. 

There isn't much to complain about here.  Winter is off to a fast start.  It would be nice if we could have a big, strong storm to track.

I would say the fact that we haven't had a big/strong snowstorm to track and impact our subforum since February of 2011 (Toronto's February 2013 special notwithstanding) is a lot to complain about.

Second snowstorm to miss to the south in the last few weeks tomorrow night.  Normally not a big deal, but the lack of significant snowfall from a single event post GHD is starting to get very irritating.  Last 6"+ snowfall here was GHD 2011.  It's been a much better December compared to the last few, so far, so it seems pretty bitchy of me to complain, but I'm starting to get a bit pissed at our crappy luck around here.  Another thing that sort of pisses me off is the lack of QCA posters.  We used to have Ocean, but he moved away.  Justin is a great contributor from Davenport, but he hardly ever posts.  We need some more members from the QCA so I'm not the only one bitching when this area gets screwed over.  All the other major metropolitan areas around the sub have multiple contributors/fellow bitchers.  /end rant

I know that you are in an argument angrysummons, but I don't know where you get that a brief torch isn't going to happen. A snippet from this afternoon's IWX disco:

THIS NOTICEABLE WARM UP WITH TEMPS POSSIBLY

NEARING 50F BY FRIDAY.

It will be brief in time scale but it could be a significant amount of warmth. One thing though to factor in, the models don't have the snow that is expected to fall over the next 36 hours assimilated into them. That could make a difference especially the further north you go.

Torch or no torch..... Remember this one a few days ago. Not too far from the truth today, perhaps a little heavy in the snow but the track looks much like todays. Models will dance around and threaten the snow pack but with the warmth comes the potential of monsters...

The winter of 17-18 is solid proof of this. I'll take a brief warm up in the chance for a historicial or very memorable event.

post-7675-0-67112500-1386986451_thumb.jp

Archived