wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Winter '13/'14 Banter/Complaint Thread Part 1

dmc76

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So it is just one big troll fest, gotcha. Might as well keep all the crap in one place then.

I agree that it can get ridiculous especially when facts get thrown out the window.  I am way more partial to correcting inaccurate historical posts vs future possibilities. 

But yeah this thread is where climo for Detroit turns into Climo for Atlanta Georgia. 

It is December 7th not February 7th, hell there are a couple of weak clippers possible this week, we could get a snowfall greater than an inch by the end of the week. Frustration is fine when it makes sense, those posts don't make a bit of sense.

I understand (well, hope :lol:) most of it is extremely in jest, but sometimes it gets so far off the wall. For me winter is simply way too long here to ever make declarations about the season so early. Obviously the more common situation is the "winter cancel" type stuff when we arent buried in snow by the beginning of December, simply because we usually arent buried in snow by early December. But it goes both ways too. Ill never forget a winter like 2005-06. Snowstorm after snowstorm from Thanksgiving to New Years would make it easy to assume it was going to be a great winter like the one before it. And obviously, the heavy snowfall of Nov/Dec made the season total not look too bad, but I have never seen a worse, more disappointing Jan-Apr than in 2006. And yes, it was definitely worse than Jan-Apr 2012.

If the two snowstorms splitting to the north and south wasn't bad enough, it's even more annoying that Philadelphia could potentially see an overachieving synoptic snowstorm today (Philly's airport is reporting 1/4 mile visibilities in heavy snow).

Meanwhile, we're trying to squeeze blood from turnips here. 

If the two snowstorms splitting to the north and south wasn't bad enough, it's even more annoying that Philadelphia could potentially see an overachieving synoptic snowstorm today (Philly's airport is report 1/4 mile visibilities in heavy snow).

The great anti-snow dome continues to expand. First it started in South Central Ontario and now its engulfed all of the sub-forum area nearby. -_- 

I'll be cherishing my 2-4 (flakes) tomorrow. 

Next weekend looks intriguing...

If the two snowstorms splitting to the north and south wasn't bad enough, it's even more annoying that Philadelphia could potentially see an overachieving synoptic snowstorm today (Philly's airport is reporting 1/4 mile visibilities in heavy snow).

blood from turnips? lol..I have never heard that one before. :P

No you don't.... But anyhow, it doesn't look like a flamethrower, more like a uninterrupted Mediterranean climate from Seattle to New York city. March 2012 was a flamethrower.

Just like that... the 12Z Euro drops that warm-up idea and just shows a huge western ridge.

which is probably not right

Just like that... the 12Z Euro drops that warm-up idea and just shows a huge western ridge.

The GFS and Euro have tried to show that same warmup for about a week and just keeps pushing it back. At some point the AO is going to go negative and the EPO pattern change won't matter so much. It can't stay positive forever.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Extremely jealous of Philadelphia. The airport reported 4 straight hours of heavy snow (1/2 mile visibilities or less).

While a bomb (major snowstorm) would be nice, just getting what Philly saw in this storm would be nice as well (slantwise/upright convection, huge snowflakes, and 1-3 per hour rates for several hours). 

It's likely not going to happen, but it would be nice if it did.

How nice..! 

SNOW TOTALS THROUGH 4:00pm (11" Newark DE)

Newark DE 11.3"

Pennsgrove NJ 11.0"

Northeast MD 9.5"

Wilmington DE 9.0"

Medford NJ 9.4"

Lindenwold NJ 8.5"

Mantua 8.3"

Toms River 8.0"

Alden Delco 8.0"

I suppose that does make me feel a little bit better, haha.  

This is what made it easier  to tolerate the crap winters winters though like the past two they just had. You knew at some point or another you would be rewarded for it. They were not even in a advisory as of early this morning and expecting a inch or less. That is one heck of a nice surprise. Events like this is what kept hope alive for better times ahead during the bad years. Atleast for me it did when i lived there.

This is what made it easier  to tolerate the crap winters winters though like the past two they just had. You knew at some point or another you would be rewarded for it. They were not even in a advisory as of early this morning and expecting a inch or less. That is one heck of a nice surprise. Events like this is what kept hope alive for better times ahead during the bad years. Atleast for me it did when i lived there.

They could get more if the 0z Nam verifies with a secondary low moving up this frontal boundary on Tuesday -_-  :axe:

If thats the case, we will once again fall behind them as we did in 2009-10. Portions out east got the brunt of last winter as well.  

They could get more if the 0z Nam verifies with a secondary low moving up this frontal boundary on Tuesday -_-  :axe:

If thats the case, we will once again fall behind them as we did in 2009-10. Portions out east got the brunt of last winter as well.  

I suppose on the flip side, the disparity was tons greater in our favor in 07-08 and 08-09 I believe, especially the former, not to detract from your valid complaint.

Archived