wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Winter '13/'14 Banter/Complaint Thread Part 1

dmc76

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really worth analyzing too much at this point but that would have ice potential if that general look holds. 

yeah 100% agree not even worth looking at....just good to see something continuing to show up in that 15th to 17th timeframe in some form or another

Can't recall many times where accumulating snow looked likely and I didn't end up with any flakes whatsoever.  This was a tough one being near the northern edge. 

Being on the northern edge in early December is what would make it the toughest and oddest...not 100% unheard of...but all the more frustrating none-the-less

Until we get rid of the confluent flow in the east expect more of the same. At least with the zonal pattern that is forthcoming the confluence moves out of the east so that is a plus, although temperatures will start to rise closer to normal for this time of year.

Emotion got the best of me.

December snow at YYZ through Christmas the last 5 years

2009: 4.8"

2010: 2.8"

2011: 0.6"

2012: 0.7"

2013: probably the same

I'm getting sick of this BS

Tell me about it, wtf is this crap -_-

Must be some sort of curse thats been around since 2009 for all of us. This is pathetic. You'd expect December to have atleast ONE decent storm, but clearly in the last few years thats become a memory.

Im sick of this bs. Being in Edmonton im sure you must be enjoying the winter wonderland.

Next weeks cold temperatures are a waste.

Tell me about it, wtf is this crap -_-

Must be some sort of curse thats been around since 2009 for all of us. This is pathetic. You'd expect December to have atleast ONE decent storm, but clearly in the last few years thats become a memory.

Im sick of this bs. Being in Edmonton im sure you must be enjoying the winter wonderland.

Next weeks cold temperatures are a waste.

It is frustrating. Especially given that all these lows are JUST missing us. At least southern OH and IN seem to be getting snow after being completely starved the past couple years.

It is frustrating. Especially given that all these lows are JUST missing us. At least southern OH and IN seem to be getting snow after being completely starved the past couple years.

Yeah true they've finally got something noteworthy, something that hasn't been seen in years across those areas.  

Its colder in Vancouver than Toronto right now. This is outrageous! Its been a colder month thus far in Vancouver than Toronto, lol. 

The storm last February was truly magnificent. Though despite other months being sh!t, February 2013 was outlier. So you can have situations where one month changes your whole perception on the Winter season. However, in recent years winter has been off to a late start. We saw one storm in early Dec 09, that managed to drop 3-4", and last December near the end that dropped around 4-5". But the overall theme has been non-winter like. 

This is disappointing.  :axe:

Emotion got the best of me.

December snow at YYZ through Christmas the last 5 years

2009: 4.8"

2010: 2.8"

2011: 0.6"

2012: 0.7"

2013: probably the same

I'm getting sick of this BS

Very right, these slow starts are not easy to take, but somehow the fact that this one at least feels wintry is taking the sting out of this year's start.

You know it's bad when central Texas and northern Mississippi have had better Decembers than we have so far. The years I've been in Chicago have been complete crap. Moving back to the northeast :(

Another issue is this clipper track. South central Ontario is consistently cashing in on these 1-3 and 2-4 type events that would leave us with some decent snowcover over this period if they came further south. Wonder what's stopping that.

You know it's bad when central Texas and northern Mississippi have had better Decembers than we have so far. The years I've been in Chicago have been complete crap. Moving back to the northeast :(

Another issue is this clipper track. South central Ontario is consistently cashing in on these 1-3 and 2-4 type events that would leave us with some decent snowcover over this period if they came further south. Wonder what's stopping that.

The NE is the place to be if you thrive on big storms, and thoroughly dislike cold and dry.  Their cold and dry is 20s and a few dry days.  Our cold and dry can be single digits or teens and dry for a week.

The NE is the place to be if you thrive on big storms, and thoroughly dislike cold and dry.  Their cold and dry is 20s and a few dry days.  Our cold and dry can be single digits or teens and dry for a week.

It's not that I dislike the cold. I think the dryness is killing me though. I just remember living in the NE having enough of snow to rain events and vice versa, that nickle and dimers from clippers in Chicago seemed like a blessing. Now that I moved here, we can't even get those!

It's not that I dislike the cold. I think the dryness is killing me though. I just remember living in the NE having enough of snow to rain events and vice versa, that nickle and dimers from clippers in Chicago seemed like a blessing. Now that I moved here, we can't even get those!

Chicago is in a bad funk right now, primarily the fact that they will go through a wintry month with about an inch or two of snow to show for it.  Seems to be more feast or famine month to month than it even used to be.

Chicago is in a bad funk right now, primarily the fact that they will go through a wintry month with about an inch or two of snow to show for it.  Seems to be more feast or famine month to month than it even used to be.

So true with last winter. December: famine, January famine, but not as bad as Dec, February: feast!

Questions is, will tmrws event (flurries) be our biggest storm of the year? (1"?) I wouldn't be surprised lol and now since models are starting to show second half of Dec above average, seriously OUCH... like w/e...

Yup. 1" will be our biggest storm of the year. This year there will be no snow from December 15th to April 30th, unlike most years when 35-40" falls in that timeframe.

Archived