joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Wednesday 11/27/13 Wind/Rain/Frozen Obs Thread

dryslot

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Propose a display in the lobby with current conditions and a Webcam with the station on the roof.  People like looking at that kind of data (at least I do!).  That could give marketing an angle to add it your Website.  Technically, you can securely allow outbound traffic from your VLAN (unless it's physically separate) from the device and eventually push it out to WU but there's variables that would need to be considered if you did that.

exactly my plan

Wow, only about 1.5" here,  big difference over about only 16-18 miles.

Balmy 41F here now.  -RA

Yeah that gauge is now at 2.45" and looks like there's some more to come.  Gauge in Belchertown about 15miles SE is only 1.9".

The tipping buckets are more accurate in stratiform 'lighter' rains than in convective events where splashover is an issue, so it's probably pretty close instead of underdone as usual. 

Yeah, looks to be around an inch - maybe a little more by now before it changes back over and ends.  I didn't get nearly as much ice as you (no need for me to pour hot water on my dish!), but stayed cold.  We had -fzrn until about bedtime when the temp slowly creeped above 32.  Was 34 when I woke up, and is probably a few degrees warmer than that here now in Albany.

Based on nearby obs...liquid equivalent here was probably around 1 inch.

Archived