joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Wednesday 11/27/13 Wind/Rain/Frozen Obs Thread

dryslot

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you think Scott is going to waste #60,000 by noting where his wife's parent lost power?

What a waste of a post.  If he's smart he will edit his last post to include that answer.

Edit:  He did it.

What a waste of such a grand moment.  I was hoping for number 60,000 to be some grand revelation about how snowy the first half of December is going to be.

Do you think Scott is going to waste #60,000 by noting where his wife's parent lost power?

What a waste of a post.  If he's smart he will edit his last post to include that answer.

Edit:  He did it.

What a waste of such a grand moment.  I was hoping for number 60,000 to be some grand revelation about how snowy the first half of December is going to be.

LOL--just a little anti-climatic!!

Meanwhile, temps are free-falling here at the moment.

39.1/38 off of 43.2

post-462-0-11087600-1385558309_thumb.gif

56.2F furnace. 1.25".

Dryslot approaching

Winds here are nbd.

Note the chart I posted above.

There is no wind at all here  with winds below 5mph since 4:00a.m. and no gusts over 5mph since 6:00am.  I was expecting at least a zephyr! :)

Temp drop has steadied and rain's started again.

39.1/38

1.20"

Note the chart I posted above.

There is no wind at all here  with winds below 5mph since 4:00a.m. and no gusts over 5mph since 6:00am.  I was expecting at least a zephyr! :)

Temp drop has steadied and rain's started again.

39.1/38

1.20"

You never got into the warm sector AWT.. Meanwhile it's like Miami here 59.1/59  1.40 in the bucket

Davis 2 readings Mashantucket Pequot Museum, Mashantucket, CT

High wind 40 mph SE 519 AM

Rain on the day 2.04

Integrated Building Management System anemometer at 210 feet

Hi wind  gust to 69 MPH SE 520 AM

Ginxy - do you have these obs available online somewhere? 

this is an awesome example of the differences you can have just a few hundred feet off the ground. 

It depends on elevation also  because west of Mike in far Eastern NY I see a couple 55 readings southeast of Albany. Mild air mixed down there west of the Berks.  Further northwest its all 30's.

Just a weird day it seems.

With the rain moving back in, I'm now climbing back up to 41.6/41.  My wind (if you want to call it that)  is now gusting from the SE at 2mph (lol).

1.26"

Ginxy - do you have these obs available online somewhere? 

this is an awesome example of the differences you can have just a few hundred feet off the ground. 

No unfortunately its on a dedicated LAN for security reasons. I am trying to get an online system up there, have to justify it but I have an angle.

It was 34 at the house when I woke up this morning, which has been the high for the day so far.  I'm surprised that as much snow survived as it did.  My quiet street is still partially snow covered.  We'll be a solid ice cube by later today once all the slush freezes.

It depends on elevation also  because west of Mike in far Eastern NY I see a couple 55 readings southeast of Albany. Mild air mixed down there west of the Berks.  Further northwest its all 30's.

Tried to take the goldens for their walk on moonstone. Not much beach at dead low tide. High tide ought to be interesting. Ocean very, very stirred up and wind ripping off it. Nice sandblasting of the face. On my roof weather station , elevation about 70 feet, no obstruction over pond to ocean, peak gust over night 37mph. Wind still sustained from south at 22 to 25. Temp at 57.4. Bands of rain still moving through

I was still frozen at 3 AM and I had to douse the sat. dish with hot water to get back online. By 8 AM it was 33.6 ...so we went above freezing in that period sometime. That helped preserve our meager snow.

It was 34 at the house when I woke up this morning, which has been the high for the day so far.  I'm surprised that as much snow survived as it did.  My quiet street is still partially snow covered.  We'll be a solid ice cube by later today once all the slush freezes.

No unfortunately its on a dedicated LAN for security reasons. I am trying to get an online system up there, have to justify it but I have an angle.

Propose a display in the lobby with current conditions and a Webcam with the station on the roof.  People like looking at that kind of data (at least I do!).  That could give marketing an angle to add it your Website.  Technically, you can securely allow outbound traffic from your VLAN (unless it's physically separate) from the device and eventually push it out to WU but there's variables that would need to be considered if you did that.

Archived