CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Wednesday 11/27/13 Wind/Rain/Frozen Obs Thread

dryslot

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flake quality is actually slightly improved w/ the steadier snow.  Down a degree or so now 31F

Pavement's covered.

N of Rt 2 ftw at least for a little while.

That was the case here, and now we've hit a lull, ftl.

Just renewed by weathertap subscription so I can now track the end of the wintry stuff.  Hopefully it will take it's time.  But, that's a lot of warm air coming in.

Still at 27.5/25

Extended icing like we mentioned this morning. You won't hit 32 till early am

We'll see.  Actually, I probably won't see since it'll be torrential rain by the time I can.  Enjoy your winds--you should do pretty well down there.

Hoping to end with something wintry tomorrow to make TG a little festive.

Wednesday Night: Cloudy. Rain with snow showers and freezing rain likely in the evening...then a chance of snow showers after midnight. Patchy fog in the evening. Total snow accumulation around an inch. Brisk and cold with lows in the lower 20s. Northwest winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph. Chance of precipitation 90 percent

27.8/26

MPM you are frigid out there....let's ice that baby up.

here is a wx underground tab i'll be keeping eye on. closest to conditions at 1420' that i'll prob find in Randolph.

(for some reason I can't copy paste on this particular computer)  it's the Randolph,vt Station near the School at 1360'. 28F dewpoint not listed. Arrival time 4pm Tommorrow. Wonder if they reach 40 tomorrow.

I didn't realize how cool it was going to be on Friday night.  That's the night of "Moonlight Magic" in Shelburne Falls.  All the shops and galleries are open; they close Bridge St to traffic; caroling groups; baked goods.  The whole of town is line with luminary candles. 

Sounds lovely--until you look at the forecast and see it's only going to be 9*

zr continues

27.8/26

MPM you are frigid out there....let's ice that baby up.

here is a wx underground tab i'll be keeping eye on. closest to conditions at 1420' that i'll prob find in Randolph.

(for some reason I can't copy paste on this particular computer)  it's the Randolph,vt Station near the School at 1360'. 28F dewpoint not listed. Arrival time 4pm Tommorrow. Wonder if they reach 40 tomorrow.

Good luck--you should be having fun later on.

28.6/26 light snow. About 1/4" temp continues to coast downward. Looks like a break next hour then the main area moves in. I think we will stay below freezing all night with some pretty good icing. It will be interesting to see how fast we changeover. Between the squalls the other night, the snow this AM and this coating the ground is now 100% white with no grass showing. Season snowfall is around 5" so far

Archived