Newest Member
    joxey
Wednesday 11/27/13 Wind/Rain/Frozen Obs Thread

dryslot

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1.71 so far.

I was just out picking up all the downed limbs and crap from the wind this morning and the ground is actually still partially frozen..That must have frozen down pretty far.

Temps nudging down to 56.2 

Surprised your ground was frozen.

I had gone out yesterday to dig the grave for my daughter's guinea pig.  2' by 1' by 15" and had no problem with frozen ground.  Roots on the other hand.......

39.6/38

Jerry one of the guys I chat with elsewhere has been having some snow to your west in Lancaster, PA. That next installment is moving steadily up the coast.  33 here.

Our old friend Matt Douglas (aka Nemas) is in Allentown...he'll let me know if they have flipped to snow.

Here in Princeton, intermittent cold rain...41/37. I think I'll see a period of snow later today.

Jerry one of the guys I chat with elsewhere has been having some snow to your west in Lancaster, PA. That next installment is moving steadily up the coast.  33 here.

Nice, Rick--you'll be cashing in with whatever amount that comes through from then on out.

Disappointingly too warm for up here.

Balmy 38.9/38

I'm watching this vortmax to see if its gonna pivot/go negative in time to push decent qpf back here.

I'm thinking decent QPF for a short duration.  Should be a nice burst of snow or ENY later this afternoon with maybe lingering flurries through the late evening.  The hill towns should whiten up nicely, but valley accumulations might depend on intensity, with temps possibly running slightly above freezing.  The N Berks and S Greens should get in on the action too, esp with an upslope component.

I'm thinking decent QPF for a short duration.  Should be a nice burst of snow or ENY later this afternoon with maybe lingering flurries through the late evening.  The hill towns should whiten up nicely, but valley accumulations might depend on intensity, with temps possibly running slightly above freezing.  The N Berks and S Greens should get in on the action too, esp with an upslope component.

That appears to be the thinking at BOX.  They're primary area for any light accumulations (inch or less) is on west-facing upslopes in the Berks and SNH.

I won't be surprised to see some flakes coming over the spine to whiten things a bit here, but generally meh with the winds being more impressive than the amount of snow.

38.3/37

Archived