Newest Member
    Toothache
November Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy Thanksgiving!

Keep your eyes on this link and hope that comet ISON makes it around the Sun today! http://sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov/data/realtime/c3/512/

Cool. It's amazing to think that this thing has to have been around for millions or billions of years, and we're in line to potentially see its demise. Neat stuff.

Happy Thanksgiving, weenies!

Hope everyone has a safe, fun, and fattening holiday!

12 hours of NFL, and cooler stocked with seasonal brews and a massive meal for me. My waist will gain more inches than I had snow last year.

Enjoy the Ravens game tonight, lord knows it is the only good game on NBC this weekend  ;) .

Now ison has survived again .. For now

Looks like short term comet forecasting is even more challenging than medium to long range weather forecasting.

Kind of early post passage, but I looked in the ESE sky this morning and didn't see anything. Hopefully we'll get a view by early Dec if indeed the reports of Ison's demise were premature.

Oh, look.  12z GFS.  Boston gets clocked.  Boo.

i have a friend in boston who i already told i'm bringing my jeep up one weekend that there's a snowstorm.  i really don't even anticipate snow here anymore even though i know we're due.  maybe it's a good thing.  our big events aside, it's honestly been since the 80s that i can remember us getting consistent snow.

We did our annual Black Friday trip to the Gettysburg outlets then to Hagerstown outlets via Rt. 77, which goes through Cunningham and Catoctin Parks. Not only was there ice all over the trees at the top of the ridge (beautiful with the sun shining,) but there was around 1/2" snow otg as well. Worth the trip even though I came home near broke. 

Archived