Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
November Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's been a busy morning here in the kitchen.  We've finished making the sweet potato casserole, the twice baked potatoes, green bean casserole, and the butternut squash soup.  We still have the regular stuffing, the oyster stuffing, and cranberry sauce.  The oyster stew and two turkeys (one roasted and one fried!) will wait until tomorrow.

What a great time of year.  Sipping some cider and cinnamon whiskey too. :santa:

It's been a busy morning here in the kitchen.  We've finished making the sweet potato casserole, the twice baked potatoes, green bean casserole, and the butternut squash soup.  We still have the regular stuffing, the oyster stuffing, and cranberry sauce.  The oyster stew and two turkeys (one roasted and one fried!) will wait until tomorrow.

What a great time of year.  Sipping some cider and cinnamon whiskey too. :santa:

Its been a busy morning here at the office, ive drank some coffee, chatted with co-workers, checked radar, played a game on my ipad, looked outside, checked radar again. sipping on water.

... i'd rather be home cooking :axe:

Its been a busy morning here at the office, ive drank some coffee, chatted with co-workers, checked radar, played a game on my ipad, looked outside, checked radar again. sipping on water.

... i'd rather be home cooking :axe:

I imagine tomorrow will be a nice day for you and the family.  A first Thanksgiving, right?  That definitely deserves a hot toddy or two!

I imagine tomorrow will be a nice day for you and the family.  A first Thanksgiving, right?  That definitely deserves a hot toddy or two!

Yes! Cannot wait to let her try all the good foods! And you can be assured, mommy will be enjoying a drink or eight ;)

Is the Snowmageddon book Ian and Kevin wrote no longer being sold? The blurb.com ad is gone...  

we took it down a few mo ago.  probably going to go back to it soon to try again to get a publisher.  if you want i could get you a pdf of it. 

Yes! Cannot wait to let her try all the good foods! And you can be assured, mommy will be enjoying a drink or eight ;)

Hopefully this doesn't come across as un-thankful, but with both my mom and dad here tomorrow, I'll call your eight and raise you. 

:drunk:

Lightweights.  I'm drinking tonight.  Why wait until tomorrow?

Hopefully this doesn't come across as un-thankful, but with both my mom and dad here tomorrow, I'll call your eight and raise you. 

:drunk:

not at all. drinks are the only way i survive my family holidays. i have to make casserole for 30 people... the booze is a must.

I already bought the e-version....just wanted to buy the book so that I can take it around when traveling. So no rush--- I'll just ask you again next year. 

I might have a copy somewhere too. I can look later. 

It's complicated. 

1. Pour Zeigler's Apple Cider into a mug and heat it in the microwave.

2. Top off with Fireball Cinnamon Whiskey.

3. Put on some vinyl Christmas music.

4. Sit in the leather recliner and sip.

5. Repeat as needed.

Hold on.  Lemme write this down on this napkin here.  This looks easy enough that my kids can make it.  I smell a science project!  Let's observe how many of these it takes to make daddy slur his words.  Mom will be the control.

Working from home has allowed me the time to make the scalloped potatoes for tomorrow.  My wife is doing a chocolate dessert, and my brother and sisters and their families - and my parents - are pitching in the rest.

As soon as my work day is over, I'm breaking out the alcohol.

you edited dessert.  otherwise I would say you have already started drinking

Archived