• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Banter for the End of October

CT Rain

LOL--I started multi-quotiing and then realized I'd be quoting about a dozen posts.

I drink coffee throughout the day, not just the morning.  So, it's spread out of 14 hours or so.

I drink 1 XL dunkin hot in the am every day, And on occasions i will get a med in the afternoon

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UUU says 38, had a 33 in my hood

why are obs in the banter thread?

supposed to play pinehills friday - looking windy with rain, what do folks think?

Observations aren't discussion.  We want to keep the discussion thread(s) for pattern/storm discussion, not cluttered with observations.

Maybe a General Daily Observations thread could be something we should have?

Observations aren't discussion.  We want to keep the discussion thread(s) for pattern/storm discussion, not cluttered with observations.

Good idea.   Also good for those who don't post everyday, who might be inclined to toss an ob in the discussion thread

I look at it a little differently.  I look at obs as discussing the current weather and the banter as non-weather centric discussion.  In times when there isn't a storm, the only place to discuss the weather, current or future is the discussion thread.  I can see how the discussion thread can get cluttered during an active period but during slower periods, I think having one discussion and one banter thread is sufficient.  I personally don't like having to look in multiple places because I only have a few minutes from time to time to look at what's going on.

Just my 2¢.

I look at it a little differently.  I look at obs as discussing the current weather and the banter as non-weather centric discussion.  In times when there isn't a storm, the only place to discuss the weather, current or future is the discussion thread.  I can see how the discussion thread can get cluttered during an active period but during slower periods, I think having one discussion and one banter thread is sufficient.  I personally don't like having to look in multiple places because I only have a few minutes from time to time to look at what's going on.

Just my 2¢.

Banter is supposed to be somewhat weather-related...it is in the weather discussion section of this forum after all. But banter can cover things like raking leaves on a nice fall day or getting new snow tires for your car or golfing weather, etc. Or how pissed you are that JB is hyping the storm or that you think the storm will miss because the weather is out to screw you personally. We know that it occasionally tangents off into non-weather related stuff, but it shouldn't be made a habit of. We have an off topic for that.

Just my 2¢.

I think we should have a thread that discusses what discussions belong in what thread.  :)

34.8/22

Lol @folks caring about someone posting a AM temp in banter. I mean really, lets micro manage

It seems this tends to happen when the pattern is slow, lets take the time to make everything "perfect".

27 here in melrose at 630 this am.

no i really don't care just wanted to make sure i posted in the correct thread, since i have seen obs in both.

thks for clarifying

Archived