• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Banter for the End of October

CT Rain

I'm the same way... he annoys me to no end but it is what October baseball is.  He's all I know for playoff baseball since Fox started televising it.

Yea Buck is ok just wish FOX would concentrate solely on the game.

Still a strong signal on the GFS for some snows in VT NH Maine, Hunchie Dave's area. quite a air mass change. 

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well...i guess i'm mean. i thought your post was kevin-esque making it very right/wrong instead of opinion/discussion. 

anyway, i thought the series was good. not just because they won but because of the "drama". disagree that it was "meh". the middle few games were close contests and the history involved, IMO, certainly made up for last nights lopsided score - regardless of whether you are a sox fan. the offense was meager overall because the league has come back to earth in the last few years and finally pitching is back to where it's supposed to be...which, to me, is better because it leads to shorter games and more strategy. 

How could there not be drama?  One game ends with an obstruction call and another ends with a pick-off with the team's best hitter and tying run at the plate?   In the end, most series when your team isn't in it, won't have the same feel.  I actually think for a casual observer, the Tiger's series was probably better baseball.

I'm the same way... he annoys me to no end but it is what October baseball is.  He's all I know for playoff baseball since Fox started televising it.

guess it doesnt matter how bad the telecasters are, folks are still going to watch.  Hard to believe that they represent the best play by play talent out there...Christ.

Snapped dogwoods and blurry pics of bent gutters. Now that's drama.

Knew this was coming LOL, you are as predictable as snow changing to rain in Boston. Let the piggy pile begin. Unlike others I can take it. enjoy your downed Oaks tomorrow hopefully none hit your house and require you to get a new roof. 

How could there not be drama?  One game ends with an obstruction call and another ends with a pick-off with the team's best hitter and tying run at the plate?   In the end, most series when your team isn't in it, won't have the same feel.  I actually think for a casual observer, the Tiger's series was probably better baseball.

it was certainly a great series for red sox fans, 1986,2001,2011, were Series that were perhaps as dramatic as any. Congrats to the Sox

My brothers and I were Barney for one Halloween and it poured rain out and it was freezing out.  Our costumes ruined and ripped and also one of us ended up losing candy when the bag ripped and candy fell all over the ground.

Another Halloween one of my brother's lost his shoe in a leaf pile and we never found the shoe.  My mom and dad searched for quite a long time and then just gave up.  

Interesting tidbit I read today...

"Average summer temperatures in the eastern Canadian arctic during the last 100 years are higher than during any century in the past 44,000 years, and perhaps as long ago as 120,000 years ago"...according to a new University of Colorado study.

"The study used dead moss clumps emerging from receding ice caps as tiny clocks.  At four different ice caps, radiocarbon dates show the mosses had not been exposed to the elements since at least 44,000 to 51,000 years ago, and possibly much longer.  Those moss clumps had not seen the light of day for an incredibly long period of time, and are now thawing out at an alarming rate."

That's incredible to think about... that some organic material may not have thawed out in such an uncomprehendably long time.

Archived