Newest Member
    EWR757
Banter for the End of October

CT Rain

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that was not nice. I just gave my view on the series so you go there, ok cool

well...i guess i'm mean. i thought your post was kevin-esque making it very right/wrong instead of opinion/discussion. 

anyway, i thought the series was good. not just because they won but because of the "drama". disagree that it was "meh". the middle few games were close contests and the history involved, IMO, certainly made up for last nights lopsided score - regardless of whether you are a sox fan. the offense was meager overall because the league has come back to earth in the last few years and finally pitching is back to where it's supposed to be...which, to me, is better because it leads to shorter games and more strategy. 

well...i guess i'm mean. i thought your post was kevin-esque making it very right/wrong instead of opinion/discussion. 

anyway, i thought the series was good. not just because they won but because of the "drama". disagree that it was "meh". the middle few games were close contests and the history involved, IMO, certainly made up for last nights lopsided score - regardless of whether you are a sox fan. the offense was meager overall because the league has come back to earth in the last few years and finally pitching is back to where it's supposed to be...which, to me, is better because it leads to shorter games and more strategy. 

Because I said it was not riveting, really? Ok cool. What was the history? Many an observer agreed it was sloppy, 9 errors in six games by the winning team? I congratulated you but as usual its not good enough if someone does not agree with you then it gets personal, ok man no problem.

Because I said it was not riveting, really? Ok cool. What was the history? Many an observer agreed it was sloppy, 9 errors in six games by the winning team? I congratulated you but as usual its not good enough if someone does not agree with you then it gets personal, ok man no problem.

it doesn't bother me that you disagree at all...everyone is entitled to their opinion. but i guess when opinion gets couched as fact, and people are on a message board and not talking face-to-face, it makes for an awkward conversation.

just a pet-peeve of mine, i guess...that's why i always try to say stuff like "i could see how" or "i think there could be...yada yada". i actually think it makes things more polite :lol: 

oh well. 

Lol

I've grown up with him though. His stupid analogies and pained explanations of the obvious are synonymous with October baseball!

I will say though that I've heard he's a really nice and humble guy and a class act. The farewell to him was pretty cool last night.

I'm the same way... he annoys me to no end but it is what October baseball is.  He's all I know for playoff baseball since Fox started televising it.

Archived