Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Banter for the End of October

CT Rain

No mancave yet?

After this coming month we will have sunk about 20k into the place so that will have to wait. Also, I don't have normal hours like many do so when we actually do have time together...it would be pretty sh*tty for me to run off and watch my own stuff. Besides sports, there are some shows we both like, but many I do not.

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After this coming month we will have sink about 20k into the place so that will have to wait. Also, I don't have normal hours like many do so when we actually do have time together...it would be pretty sh*tty for me to run off and watch my own stuff. Besides sports, there are some shows we both like, but many I do not.

Do I golf and sleep on the couch or not?

After this coming month we will have sink about 20k into the place so that will have to wait. Also, I don't have normal hours like many do so when we actually do have time together...it would be pretty sh*tty for me to run off and watch my own stuff. Besides sports, there are some shows we both like, but many I do not.

My fiancé will make me suffer over the next month for all the baseball I made her watch this fall....I've got a feeling there will be a lot of TLC and Food Network on in the coming weeks.

It's a small price to pay though for all the time spent on the laptop in the winter, model watching and waiting for snowstorms, and all the summertime baseball. Like you said, it would be pretty awful to run down to the basement or something just to watch a different show when you have limited time to spend together as it is.

My fiancé will make me suffer over the next month for all the baseball I made her watch this fall....I've got a feeling there will be a lot of TLC and Food Network on in the coming weeks.

It's a small price to pay though for all the time spent on the laptop in the winter, model watching and waiting for snowstorms, and all the summertime baseball. Like you said, it would be pretty awful to run down to the basement or something just to watch a different show when you have limited time to spend together as it is.

Can't you just keep hitting refresh on the 00z GFS frames while Chopped is on?

Were they Kevin's boat shoes? 

:lol:

Luckily for me my girlfriend likes sports and is a Red Sox fan, Patriots fan along with the Bruins (Rangers too), and the Wolf Pack.  She'll also watch Notre Dame with me.  

She'll also watch NCIS with me.  She doesn't have cable where she lives so she doesn't care too much about TV but she'll watch any shows she likes on her phone.  When NCIS isn't on though and she is over she'll watch MTV and those blowhead shows they have.

Luckily for me my girlfriend likes sports and is a Red Sox fan, Patriots fan along with the Bruins (Rangers too), and the Wolf Pack.  She'll also watch Notre Dame with me.  

She'll also watch NCIS with me.  She doesn't have cable where she lives so she doesn't care too much about TV but she'll watch any shows she likes on her phone.  When NCIS isn't on though and she is over she'll watch MTV and those blowhead shows they have.

How exactly does that work?

I have a list of stuff I need to get for the house and decided today to spring for 2 24" monitors for my weather cave so I can have a nice dual monitor display. Between that, the maps, the storm pictures, and the weather station I am geeking this place out. 

LOL, storms are the worst, I think she hates winter now because of my OCD when it comes to storms. I'm a sicko...what can I say. I was sneaking a peak at the GFS and euro on 12/25/10...the Christmas miracle when the models came around to the Boxing day storm in between family time at the in laws. They probably thought I was sneaking out of the room to make drug deals or something.

I have a list of stuff I need to get for the house and decided today to spring for 2 24" monitors for my weather cave so I can have a nice dual monitor display. Between that, the maps, the storm pictures, and the weather station I am geeking this place out. 

A weenie-cave...lol. That's awesome...all you need is a kegerator in there.

Fortunately for me, my girlfriend (who has no interest in sports or weather whatsoever) has finally come around to agreeing that football days and days before a big storm are mine. Unfortunately, that leaves the rest of the week fair game.  

If you strike golf and add playing/watching football I've grappled with that dilemma many times. The cold nights alone are less brutal if you can go to sleep with a win.  

I still owe my wife for the all nighter I pulled for the Feb 2013 blizzard while she changed and took care of my son for about 24 hrs.

LOL, storms are the worst, I think she hates winter now because of my OCD when it comes to storms. I'm a sicko...what can I say. I was sneaking a peak at the GFS and euro on 12/25/10...the Christmas miracle when the models came around to the Boxing day storm in between family time at the in laws. They probably thought I was sneaking out of the room to make drug deals or something.

I think I have that fairly locked down. Not everybody in the profession does it, but I like to know how models are trending even on off hours/days. I feel like in order to do my best at work, sometimes I have to put in a little effort outside of work, and she understands that. Plus she's in bed when the 00z Euro is rolling out.

Tee times are a little trickier. Though without a family to take care of, or a house to maintain, I can get away with a few rounds when I'm off and she's at work.

Ryan, what do you mean maps? You mean the whole maps of towns and what not? I actually really like those....I found an old climo map of SNE made in the 1800s.

I just took this... I have a cool nautical chart of Long Island Sound and then a bunch of historic storm pics (1888, 1938, October snow, 1989 tornado etc). 

post-40-0-72762400-1383263917_thumb.jpg

I just took this... I have a cool nautical chart of Long Island Sound and then a bunch of historic storm pics (1888, 1938, October snow, 1989 tornado etc). 

That's awesome. I do like the old maps/nautical maps as well. I've seen some old ones of Boston before they dumped hundreds of acres of fill and made it what it is today.

Haha I either disappear or talk so much about an upcoming storm she disappears. For Feb '13 I couldn't help it.

Also, I should have known better than to say "I'm looking at this European model right now and she is just gorgeous." 

Very nice. 

Thanks... still working on it but I've been trying to find new/higher res pictures to get printed and framed of big (local) storms.

I think I have that fairly locked down. Not everybody in the profession does it, but I like to know how models are trending even on off hours/days. I feel like in order to do my best at work, sometimes I have to put in a little effort outside of work, and she understands that. Plus she's in bed when the 00z Euro is rolling out.

Tee times are a little trickier. Though without a family to take care of, or a house to maintain, I can get away with a few rounds when I'm off and she's at work.

I would agree as well. Of course this was before I had a smart phone so now it's different and don't have to look so rude. I had to come in for OT that storm and ended up staying here at work.

That's awesome. I do like the old maps/nautical maps as well. I've seen some old ones of Boston before they dumped hundreds of acres of fill and made it what it is today.

That's pretty cool. There's this place that frames the nautical maps in a really cool way. They're expensive but they look awesome.

http://www.artiplaq.com/chartsdirect.html

I would agree as well. Of course this was before I had a smart phone so now it's different and don't have to look so rude. I had to come in for OT that storm and ended up staying here at work.

I feel like the phone makes it worse though. Before a storm it's so hard to get away from it. The El Reno tornado and April 2011 Alabama tornadoes were moments away from causing a big fight because of the iPhone lol. 

I feel like the phone makes it worse though. Before a storm it's so hard to get away from it. The El Reno tornado and April 2011 Alabama tornadoes were moments away from causing a big fight because of the iPhone lol. 

:lol: I guess it depends on the magnitude of the scenario. I haven't gotten there yet.

Next up will be a wx station hopefully in the next 6 months. That way I can check my dewpoint...you know...where people actually work and live.

Brian (Dendrite) helped me out a lot... I love having a wx station. 

Dropping 700 for a high end Davis sucks but I it's worth it if you have the cash to spare. I got mine after my tax refund. Speaking of which - maybe I can write it off as a biz expense lol. 

I was laying on the beach at Lanikai on O'ahu, watching KOCO live stream from my phone while my girlfriend shot daggers at me. I showed her the radar, but she just told me she has no idea what it means. Ha.

I always wanted a Narragansett Bay nautical chart. Someday, if I ever have an office.

The actual charts are pretty cheap... getting it framed (since they're so big) is another story. 

They're really cool especially if you have a place that you have a connection to. 

Archived