joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2013 Obs/Banter/Disco

Avdave

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't dismiss that heat streak as 5 days were 95+ and two had extreme heat indexes. But it was just a week and recent summers have had about 4,5,6 total, not consecutive, weeks of it.  I guarantee you that if DCA were as aberrant on the cool side as it is on the mild side that the site would have been "adjusted" a long time ago.  As it is now it fits very nicely into the GW agenda-"Look at the Nations Capitol, it's temperatures are 3 degrees warmer than 25 years ago" 

Can't dismiss that heat streak as 5 days were 95+ and two had extreme heat indexes. But it was just a week and recent summers have had about 4,5,6 total, not consecutive, weeks of it.  I guarantee you that if DCA were as aberrant on the cool side as it is on the mild side that the site would have been "adjusted" a long time ago.  As it is now it fits very nicely into the GW agenda-"Look at the Nations Capitol, it's temperatures are 3 degrees warmer than 25 years ago" 

DCA isn't used in official climate change analyses as far as I know.

Perhaps you'd like the observations to return to the roof of the Signal Service office where they were from 1889 to 1942.  I'm sure those reading were accurate for the whole region and not biased at all.

http://mrcc.sws.uiuc.edu/FORTS/histories/DC_Washington_DC_Grice.pdf

post-1746-0-38233500-1375221982_thumb.jp

Looks like some great weather on tap but I'm sure there will be complaints here nonetheless. Perhaps because of the lack of rain or the pool being too cold.

The pool is chilly, but the weather is great for yard work and other outdoor stuff. So no complaints here :)

post-1389-0-50154000-1375314503_thumb.jp

Archived