joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2013 Obs/Banter/Disco

Avdave

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another flash flood watch for the area with another 2-3" possible.

I wonder if this 2-3" will be like the 0.3" the last 2-3" brought.

I know it was pointed out on here by Eskimo or meddler, that it would depend on where the train of rain set-up. Yesterday it was the shore. For them, the flood watch verified into a warning. For us, not so much, but its not like it was a complete whiff. It was as advertised.

Today, maybe our way gets into the training precip and the shore misses out. Its not like this is one shield of rain covering hunderds of miles...

I know it was pointed out on here by Eskimo or meddler, that it would depend on where the train of rain set-up. Yesterday it was the shore. For them, the flood watch verified into a warning. For us, not so much, but its not like it was a complete whiff. It was as advertised.

Today, maybe our way gets into the training precip and the shore misses out. Its not like this is one shield of rain covering hunderds of miles...

For central northern VA is was a complete whiff. 87 raindrops with a flash flood watch = lol

For central northern VA is was a complete whiff. 87 raindrops with a flash flood watch = lol

Sigh. It was similar up here. But it wasn't a complete whiff because decent sized parts of the LWX area got a bunch of rain. Just beause your backyard didn't see it doesn't make it a complete whiff in my view as long as areas did cash in. Again, that was kinda as advertised. Some would see a bunch if they were under where the rain train set up.

Archived