Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Plains tornado threat Mon 5/27-Fri 5/31

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very strong couplet south of Joplin, look at the rotation on that thing. Several Tornado Warnings still ongoing. This night won't ever end!

TWC is on it. Saying/showing a debris ball evident on radar. 

For 6.5 hours?

Yup.  We had that for days in the Atlanta area in September, 2009.  20+ inches for the week in some places, with half that in one day IIRC (I have notes lying around somewhere, MBY was in the highest-concentration bullseye and I still regret not having a working CoCoRaHs gauge at the time).

Anyhow ... the MO storms (formerly NW OK storms) are still going strong.

Not quite sure what to make of this Southern MO. cell yet.  It'll look okay, then go poop, NROT got a little up there earlier but now poop again.  Seems to be struggling to produce currently.  Heard a report of some spotting a funnel, but no ground confirmation.

BuffaloWeather - yeah I've watched it twice already. Really crazy footage. 

It does seem like they drove straight into. They've could have stopped back up the road and let it pass in front of them!

Looks like the training t-storms are trying to inch there way south again around OKC.

Have you guys seen the video of Bettes and his video on TWC? They basically drive right into it and start flipping. They easily could of parked the car or hit reverse a bit and been completely safe. They look like they wanted to drive right into it. Seriously....What were they even thinking?

Remember that scene in Twister where the 'bad guy' is driving right next to the tornado when it suddenly shifts? That's what that video reminded me of.

Yes, News9 said take cover or get in your car and leave now. 100% sure he said it because I threw my dip can across the room in disgust.

So, yes, News9 said it.

you sure that wasn't KFOR? We had KFOR going in the truck and Mike Morgan kept saying that. I talked to my uncle to see if Gary England was saying the same thing and he said no??? Maybe my uncle missed it

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

you sure that wasn't KFOR? We had KFOR going in the truck and Mike Morgan kept saying that. I talked to my uncle to see if Gary England was saying the same thing and he said no??? Maybe my uncle missed it

Sent from my Nexus 7 2

I was watching News 9 last night during the El Reno tornado and I'm positive it was mentioned at least once.

you sure that wasn't KFOR? We had KFOR going in the truck and Mike Morgan kept saying that. I talked to my uncle to see if Gary England was saying the same thing and he said no??? Maybe my uncle missed itSent from my Nexus 7 2

KWTV News 9 said it a couple times

There were at least two research teams out yesterday (DOWs and an OU team), pretty good chance there were more, hearing some crazy velocities were sampled (> 100 m/s).

That's good to know.  The couplet looked extremely intense so I've been really curious about what kind of velocities were pulled out of it, and if we are talking greater than 100 m/s then that's legit. 

Also, back with El Reno in 2011 there was a big issue about rating the tornado based off of wind speed measurements, and now the Rozel tornado was based off of measurements, so has that become acceptable for EF rating?  I remember that you were privy to the conversations back in 2011, and I was just wondering what has changed since then.

Any recep of yesterdays Tornadoes yet? Looks like death toll is up to 9. =(

Only one has been reported back so far. Teams are out there though.

PUBLIC INFORMATION STATEMENT...CORRECTED

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NORMAN OK

1130 AM CDT SAT JUN 1 2013

...UPDATE ON MAY 31 SEVERE WEATHER...

CORRECTED FOR CITY NAME.

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN NORMAN HAS DISPATCHED THREE DAMAGE

SURVEY CREWS TO VARIOUS PARTS OF THE OKLAHOMA CITY AREA THIS MORNING

TO DETERMINE THE NATURE AND EXTENT OF THE MAY 31ST STORMS.

INFORMATION FROM THESE TEAMS WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE VIA PUBLIC

INFORMATION STATEMENT UPDATES THROUGHOUT THE DAY.

...UPDATES...

1/ OKLAHOMA CITY EF0 TORNADO ADDED.

...MAY 31 OKLAHOMA CITY TORNADO /OKLAHOMA COUNTY/...

RATING: EF0

PATH LENGTH: 0.4 MILES

PATH WIDTH /MAXIMUM/: 200 YARDS

TIME: TO BE DETERMINED.

/EAST OF VALLEY BROOK/.

Archived