12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Plains tornado threat Mon 5/27-Fri 5/31

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No comment

:axe:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  Unreal what a bunch of spazzes, that dude couldn't do anything but yell and spaz.  Guess that's the appropriate response when you drive yourself right into the path of a TOR and don't get the f*ck out of the way. Thanks for sharing.

It is the single dumbest day for chasing I have ever seen. The entire chaser community is...for lack of a better word...f*cked after this.

Personally, I was close to going completely off the rails there in the middle of that horror show.

Total morons. It's a shame a mother and baby died who were more than likely actually trying to flee the tornado, when you have idiots like those in the video trying to get the best shot. ****ing ridiculous.

How close do some of these people have to be?? The Rozel, KS tornadoes were about the most photogenic tornadoes that I have ever seen and almost everyone on those just pulled over and watched, there wasn't any of this craziness with trying to outrun them from what I saw. I just don't understand if it's about selling videos or what, but it is getting out of hand. 

Well what do you say to Bettes and his crew then from TWC that tried to get ahead of the tornado but instead got hit?

They were trying to get on the south side so they could get more shots and stay out of the rain/hail core. They (and a lot of other chasers) made a bad call and nearly paid the ultimate price for it.

Well what do you say to Bettes and his crew then?

Too close, regardless of it being a satellite tornado or a rapid shift in the wrong direction. They were too close. Even more so, Bettes has been very open to criticize the chasing community on their need to get the best shots and put themselves in harms way, so for it to happen to him sets a really bad example.

How close do some of these people have to be?? The Rozel, KS tornadoes were about the most photogenic tornadoes that I have ever seen and almost everyone on those just pulled over and watched, there wasn't any of this craziness with trying to outrun them from what I saw. I just don't understand if it's about selling videos or what, but it is getting out of hand. 

1) That uber-couplet was wobbling around amazingly

2) It seems a lot of chasers were hit by suddenly-forming satellites

For all the casual talk you hear by the public about how erratic tornadoes are, for the most part the storm motions are reasonably steady and tornado motions are predictable (and if they really are wandering around, it's moving really slowly). Storm chasers have gotten used to this.

This was a day where it wasn't true; erratic motion with enough forward motion to make it dangerous. And then you add on the satellites. 

Well what do you say to Bettes and his crew then from TWC that tried to get ahead of the tornado but instead got hit?

They are part of the problem.  They want dramatic videos, and take far too many chances.  Just think about how many random people were following them around and put themselves in danger also. 

:axe:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  Unreal what a bunch of spazzes, that dude couldn't do anything but yell and spaz.  Guess that's the appropriate response when you drive yourself right into the path of a TOR and don't get the f*ck out of the way. Thanks for sharing.

I commented the other day about how annoying the chasers on OKC channel 9 sounded when they were on the air chasing.

same thing to Bettes

business of dumb chasers aside, can anyone else laugh at this clown in the video??? go foooRRTTTY!!!!!! go south or we're goNNNNNNA DIE.... his facial expressions cracked me up.

aqe8a6aq.jpg

vuhupeta.jpg

They should've never gotten that close in the first place. Period.

True, but they are considered to be be "experts"... and two others who were hit by a satellite torado where also supposed to be really good at what they do and TWC interviews them a lot... so people can't just say its the run of the mill chasers being hit today.

Archived