• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Plains tornado threat Mon 5/27-Fri 5/31

I think its time to start licensing and training storm chasers, and creating legislation that enables licenses to be taken away. Way too much irresponsibility going on out there, and probably a certain degree of amateurism. (Not saying this particular situation is a result of that)

I have no idea how you would prevent people from driving around in their car and taking pictures if they so choose.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think its time to start licensing and training storm chasers, and creating legislation that enables licenses to be taken away. Way too much irresponsibility going on out there, and probably a certain degree of amateurism. (Not saying this particular situation is a result of that)

Those were degreed mets in there that have been chasing for years. They were hit by a satellite tornado while trying to film the large tornado a safe distance away.

People have the right to be stupid and endanger themselves... laws can't protect everyone from everything...

I have no idea how you would prevent people from driving around in their car and taking pictures if they so choose.

Bottom line some of these chasers speed and endanger other peoples lives in some situations. It's been documented before. With every season, chaser amounts increase. They are fairly easy to spot also. Some of these groups have giant logos slapped on their car, and there is even the tornado proof armored vehicles too. 

You can't prevent people from doing something, but if they are caught out and doing anything ridiculous close to a storm like getting into an accident or something else along those lines, they should be held accountable.

Archived