joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Plains tornado threat Mon 5/27-Fri 5/31

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=wuXZdpVbAec

People that went flying by, they waited "two more seconds"...

I wonder where those locals were that held Brandon up? Being that's Brandon's jeep right in front of them. I don't see them in this video, only Brandon's jeep stopping in the debris, and holding people up behind him. Hmm....

The craziest thing about the last two weeks is that most everyone was saying this whole severe weather season was a bust before then... is it a bust now?

Be careful what you wish for... I know that this is completely unrelated to tonight's severe weather, but Montague County, Tx. which is the county to the north of where I live has been under no fewer than 5 tornado warnings in the past 16 days. Here in Wise County we've had two in the past 16 days.

Really, he really just blamed locals doing 30 mph in front of him? Really now? And just blew off the damage to his truck. Oh, I'll get that fixed next week and be out there doing it again.

Whoa, did he really do that?  When in that video he stopped and forced another car behind them into the ditch?  Amazing.

Wasn't concerned about being picked up by tornado... just flying debris? Really Brandon? What a fool

And who was the SUV flying past him in the ditch? The Sasketchewan group as I think someone said?

Huh.  If they were concerned about the debris rather than the tornado, maybe they should have stayed in the wide open space with no building rather than driving into buildings getting torn apart.

Huh. If they were concerned about the debris rather than the tornado, maybe they should have stayed in the wide open space with no building rather than driving into buildings getting torn apart.

CNN was interviewing him and that's what he said... he is such a moron

Meanwhile, the OKC metro is still getting hammered with heavy rain. Cells continue to train over the same locations. Localized amounts over 7" now. Still a dangerous situation there...

I've been watching News 9 and they've been showing the flooding continuously. Amazing that some area have been seeing moderate to heavy rain since around 6pm!

Meanwhile, the OKC metro is still getting hammered with heavy rain. Cells continue to train over the same locations. Localized amounts over 7" now. Still a dangerous situation there...

Storms moved back north somehow.  Looks like the inflow won the shoving match..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=wuXZdpVbAec

People that went flying by, they waited "two more seconds"...

Its ironic that video is titled "HD" when its the furthest thing from it, its the most pixelated video I've seen in weeks. I can barely make out anything.

Those training storms in OKC are crazy, I doubt I've seen anything like that ever. It just keeps generating like that. It reminds me of a lake effect snow squall but only the dbz is much higher.

I

Those training storms in OKC are crazy, I doubt I've seen anything like that ever. It just keeps generating like that. It reminds me of a lake effect snow squall but only the dbz is much higher.

Have you just started following weather? Training storms are common in the summer. 

Hi everyone, new to the forum and the area, that being the southern plains, in particular north texas. I know very little about how storms operate down here, it is a bit different here compared to up north with drylines, caps, etc. I have noticed the storms moving north in Oklahoma, Dallas is supposed to get storms tomorrow, not like what we saw today, but none the less, storms. Was wondering what implications the storms up north will have with frontal movement, etc for this area tomorrow. The NWS here and models show front coming through early afternoon, but wondering if that might be pushed back given what is going on in Oklahoma and add anything extra to the mix such as outflow boundaries mixing in. Thanks in advance.

The media is heavily to blame. They reward stupidity. Granted a lot of people chase too close but clearly today was not the day and people knew that ahead of time. But video has made a lot of schmuck losers famous so what can you do.

"One of my long standing concerns has been that storm-chasers may eventually draw too much publicity, and chasing will become another mass cult of the leisure class, much as scuba-diving or hang-gliding."

-- David Hoadley, 31 December 1977, Stormtrack (1st issue)

Archived