• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
March 25th Storm: Debacle or Climo Defier? Discussion and Obs

stormtracker

So other than the snow sticking down South...isn't this about where we are supposed to be at this point? It would be pretty comical if we get no precip at all

Everything is right on. We tried to wishcast a batch that wasnt supposed to make it here and it kinda did.

12z euro yesterday showed lyh getting .43 this afternoon and they got more than that.

The only surprise is the amount of snow. Not precip location or amount.

Im nervous about a big bust too but there's a lot of posting that implies not getting in on the action this afternoon is a bust. It's not at all.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So other than the snow sticking down South...isn't this about where we are supposed to be at this point? It would be pretty comical if we get no precip at all

Calm down DC folks...even the EC (which was superior with the BL themals *and* QPF during 3/6) still gives the metro region 1-4", largely with the "hope it develops soon enough" coastal low CCB between 06-15Z. It will be a close call...oh and forget the NAM and SREF!

Yes

wx people are really good at freaking out before the storm even is supposed to start. tho even the euro had .1" to DC by 0z which isn't happening.

now is a good time to nap.. come back out and freak out for real at like 4 am when the radar sucks.

Huffwx is at about 874 feet elevation. No wonder he got demolished.

In Richmond's case, well, they got shellacked with a batch of yellows that just happened to be snow in the daytime in late March.

Two takeaways:

even in late March if you get heavy rates you get annihilated, even in the middle of the day in south Virginia

elevation is always a win.

Yes

wx people are really good at freaking out before the storm even is supposed to start. tho even the euro had .1" to DC by 0z which isn't happening.

now is a good time to nap.. come back out and freak out for real at like 4 am when the radar sucks.

I know the drill and I'm normally pretty patient and logical with these things, but I just got that ugly mental image from last storm when areas to our south and west overperformed and our turn was coming later

I know the drill and I'm normally pretty patient and logical with these things, but I just got that ugly mental image from last storm when areas to our south and west overperformed and our turn was coming later

The Winturd of 2011-2013 continues its ugly streak. Truthfully, I am not sure why you've put this much faith in this.

Archived