Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
March 25th Storm: Debacle or Climo Defier? Discussion and Obs

stormtracker

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if you get 2"/hr accum during the afternoon you prob got  3"/hr rates. that should be sufficient during the day. plus once you get past 4 or 5 p the direct impacts wane pretty quick. you can usually note fairly quick increases in accum near that timeframe in mod to mod+ snow.

Yes easily. We just don't get those rates here ever.

Do higher resolution models have any climate related factors within their algorithms? Do they "know" what time of year, sun angle, ect..?

Yes they do.. it's called incoming shortwave radiation. They even predict what the radiation will be at the surface based on cloud depth. (Just one example: Scroll down to the very bottom)

That stuff rolling towards WV looks intense

that stuff is probably going to end up rotating northwest/north of this area if it even survives in a coherent form. our stuff should develop just southwest or overhead.. tho the next period might feature some batches of qpf wasting showers.

I'm about to blow a gasket. I hate this place. This is the snow murder capital of the country

It really does suck -- we endure five months plus of bare trees and wearing coats but, except for the rare fluke year, barely any snowfall.  Then you see winters like this where it is literally snowing EVERYWHERE but here.

I've told my wife do not expect to stay here when my career is up in 15 years.  I'd rather live in a warmer climate and travel once or twice a year for skiing and snow than live in this trash climate.

Archived