• Created
  • Last Reply

New thread been give.

Summary

0z NAM:   :lmao:

0z GFS:  Eh, Next

0z GGEM: :guitar:

0z Euro:  Decent

Euro doesn't look decent to me if these temps are right.

DCA Looks good. Only 33 degrees during the heaviest rates. Same story at the other 2 airports.

MON 00Z 25-MAR   3.4    -2.3    1006      63      95    0.01     546     541    MON 06Z 25-MAR   1.8    -3.8    1003      79     100    0.03     541     538    MON 12Z 25-MAR   0.5    -4.3    1000      95      99    0.24     531     531    MON 18Z 25-MAR   2.8    -5.8    1000      79     100    0.09     528     528    TUE 00Z 26-MAR   1.3    -6.1    1005      94      98    0.08     531     526 

It's still warm at DCA at 06Z and only drops to 33 or so by 12Z with less than .25" of precip falling during that 6 hour period.  You might hold onto the snow through 15Z.  Maybe a sloppy inch for DC on grass if it were right and a sloppy inch or two at best  towards IAD.  At least the heaviest is at night.

I mentioned yesterday how I didn't like the Euro dewpoints.  The 00z run was significantly different, with the 32F line basically staying 95 and east during the event.  I will also give the NAM a little credit, yesterday the sim radar had a very comma shaped look to it during the transition from the primary to coastal low.  The euro 3-hr panels on wunderground now has this exact same look.  If we can get that decent band through, it may whiten the ground and have decent rates.  However, we are still looking at a transfer in late March, which is a double negative to this storm.

Situation looks hopeful for the DC area. If the best 295K isen lift somehow aligns with coldest/deepest cloud layer sun eve and the marine layer does not become too saturated before 12Z mon, this could produce periods of -snsh or perhaps even -sn/ra. 

Euro has .25 falling between 6-12z monday with surface at freezing in my yard.

6z gfs has .33 falling at the same sime with slightly warmer surface @ .5 or so.

This is the only real window of accum unless some miracle death band on the back of the comma comes to town. I'm not counting on that.

I still like my call of 1-3 for 95 and points west. Urban centers may have trouble depending on timing and temps of course.

Euro has .25 falling between 6-12z monday with surface at freezing in my yard.

6z gfs has .33 falling at the same sime with slightly warmer surface @ .5 or so.

This is the only real window of accum unless some miracle death band on the back of the comma comes to town. I'm not counting on that.

I still like my call of 1-3 for 95 and points west. Urban centers may have trouble depending on timing and temps of course.

I think I'll go a bit higher Bob, I think about 2-4 from just east of the BR back west, and 1-2 for areas east of the BR. Of course this is only my preliminary first guess. I'll be back later with my initial first guess, final first guess, preliminary first call, initial first call, final first call, preliminary final call, initial final call, and final final call. Hopefully there are enough model runs so that my final call comes Mon night.

Archived