• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    snow01
    Newest Member
    snow01
Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ji

The March 5-7 White Lion Obs/Nowcasting Thread

No sir, you along with the rest of the guys are not wrong in parlaying the remainder of your hope in what the DOX radar shows. There sure is a firehose, and my no means is our low moving east out to sea right now. It is being tugged a bit west in a wobbling fashion through the flanking line that exists on the southeastern side. 

The h5 low and h7 circulations are becoming vertically stacked. Overall, the truth is that the storm is trekking more w and north than anticipated, and as I mentioned earlier a more traditional CCB like area could develop shortly. The lapse rates are driving these bands, and frontogenesis is healthy enough to support the thundersnow. Don't expect the low to move longitudinally in the next few hours, its about parked for now. 

Like the optimism, we can always hope.

Awaiting those sick killer mega superbands that will be coming out of the depths of Mordor.  Or something.

It should be stated since the link to bright banding was just shown, that the bands could lose some intensity on radar via DBZ, as that area is even cold enough for some flakes in the mid levels, but these bands are the real deal overall.

Really wish I went to the shore. Sustained winds at tropical storm force from Lewes, DE to Ocean City, MD gusting to upper 50s.

I still have never experienced true tropical storm force winds. 

No sir, you along with the rest of the guys are not wrong in parlaying the remainder of your hope in what the DOX radar shows. There sure is a firehose, and my no means is our low moving east out to sea right now. It is being tugged a bit west in a wobbling fashion through the flanking line that exists on the southeastern side. 

The h5 low and h7 circulations are becoming vertically stacked. Overall, the truth is that the storm is trekking more w and north than anticipated, and as I mentioned earlier a more traditional CCB like area could develop shortly. The lapse rates are driving these bands, and frontogenesis is healthy enough to support the thundersnow. Don't expect the low to move longitudinally in the next few hours, its about parked for now. 

I had almost 5 inches in my driveway this morning. Now I have 1. Good rates for the last 2 hours have been totally wasted. I'm getting very irritated.

you have our deepest condolences

I'm calling it, the 2" cherry will not be popped for this storm E of 95. Includes Downtown DC and DCA.

Who are you? You say some pretty cool s***.

Just got home from work. It was snowing super hard at times between here and Calverton but pretty much no stickage. There was more slush in my neighborhood than over east in Calverton but pretty much just as bad. 10 people showed up at like a 15 story office building.

Mostly rain with some token flakes mixing in and occasionally becoming white rain for a time. Also gusty winds. As I said over in the banter thread...this pretty much FML weather. 

Winds are picking up, but flakes have gotten much smaller.  May even be some rain mixing in.

Yeah, that band of good snow quickly sunk to our south. Crazy how much of a difference there was once it exited the area

Snow is picking back up here in Damascus, and I hope those who have had rain switch to snow during the next wave.

I'm calling it, the 2" cherry will not be popped for this storm E of 95. Includes Downtown DC and DCA.

Thanks...Did you hear?  The Ravens won the super bowl