• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The March 6 Storm- The (last) Great White Hope

stormtracker

The euro ensembles are a bit more progressive then the op...IOW they don't occlude as quick as the operational run. They also aren't as bullish in bringing the s/w southeast through lake Huron like the op run had. So all in all at the surface and aloft, when comparing these features at T+84hrs, the ensemble is a little NE of the op. Those features brought up earlier from HM and others are the nuances that need to be watched.

So does the EURO ensembles lead some credence to the GFS idea?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bad translation. It means it's too early to toss one solution over the other. I don't fall in love with the euro op as much as others.

Well...a meteorologist has to give some guidance...would you be comfortable going with a GFS/EURO blend

at this time?  I'm not a meteorologist but it strikes me as improbable that either model has a pure solution

at this time but seem to establish reasonable parameters.

Well...a meteorologist has to give some guidance...would you be comfortable going with a GFS/EURO blend

at this time?  I'm not a meteorologist but it strikes me as improbable that either model has a pure solution

at this time but seem to establish reasonable parameters.

Yeah..probably some sort of blend..I mean as far as a forecasting standpoint goes, at >72hrs out..there isn't a huge reason to lean heavily on one side right now.  Of course for those that are right on the edge like DC...that can be a tough pill to swallow, but you have to think that way.

From about Tuesday Night into Thursday Morning we are piling water into the Mid Atlantic shore. I am not an expert on this stuff, esp. for your area in the Chesapeake/Tidewater etc. But that is a long time to be piling water. At least, astronomically, things aren't bad like they were with Sandy.

Thanks, HM. Does look like it could be extended piling, but true about tides. We had moderate flooding on the upper western shore btw with Sandy.

-Resident coastal flooding weenie

as in up this way or due east of DCA?

looks a bit better for you.. still a sharp drop to the northeast/east -- your area is like right on the line of the 4-8" which bulged east thru the dc area compared to last night

My summary:

Ec may be on crack-- but this is a minor difference, that perhaps the EC higher skill would note first. 

It might be on some of Highzenberg's Blue since it's been showing generally the same operational result the last 4 runs.  That's a pretty prolonged high.

looks a bit better for you.. still a sharp drop to the northeast/east -- your area is like right on the line of the 4-8" which bulged east thru the dc area compared to last night

I was just thinking

if qpf didn't increase between runs, that must mean it is a little colder

I like hearing that

Archived