CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
The March 6 Storm- The (last) Great White Hope

stormtracker

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I'm not seeing sleet-- maybe parts of SW VA before the coastal-- some model data inferred that. 

i agree up here at least (only really looked at DC area soundings) it looks like it's either rain or snow.. just know a lot of storms mix, but profile isn't right imby at least.

What is wrong with 100+ falling? 

better method is probably to expect whatever you need to get to climo winter avg.  we'll rename the storm later once that aspect is apparent.

yeah--tho i am not sure they are all the same (i guess at least the initial conditions are?). the ones i see on a pay site generally seem to line up with soundings so i still use them as a general idea of where things are and the bullseye etc. as far as taking numbers verbatim or modified.. not sure there is much value there but still fun. ;)

you're right they aren't the same...i've seen ones based on direct model output of "snow" or "snow depth", also you can compute "snowfall" from a post-processing sense where you compute how much of the QPF is snow based on the soundings (also taking into account some static snow-to-liquid ratio or trying to estimate from the sounding data)

i agree up here at least (only really looked at DC area soundings) it looks like it's either rain or snow.. just know a lot of storms mix, but profile isn't right imby at least.

Maybe he's assuming when it occludes that warm wrap around works in?? 

better method is probably to expect whatever you need to get to climo winter avg.  we'll rename the storm later once that aspect is apparent.

Well, I'd need 15 to get to 27 average, but not sure I'd want 15 if its a 5-7 to 1 snow.....trees, trees, trees! A good 6-10 would thrill me at this point.

not only holds...it bombs

slight shift in orientation of the ULL....saw the same thing in the NAM...starts a bit south in the 0-36hr range, then takes on a slight negative tilt as it approaches the coast...really nice

Well, I'd need 15 to get to 27 average, but not sure I'd want 15 if its a 5-7 to 1 snow.....trees, trees, trees! A good 6-10 would thrill me at this point.

I'm getting that feeling I get when a potential Big one is lurking. 6-10 isn't enough

Archived