joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The March 6 Storm- The (last) Great White Hope

stormtracker

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The GFS and the CRAS (and i believe the cras sometimes can be used as an indicator of a western or northern bais in the other models) vs pretty much everything else, i'm not sure why were even bothering at this point. This looks like it's going to be another euro like solution and i've to hear any real reasoning why it might be otherwise.

GGEM.... just a cold rain for most of the storm, now usually it runs a little on the warm side, but by that much? ehhhh

...long live the euro :cry::violin::underthewx:

I know this will get deleted, but either back up your claims with meteorology, or stop posting. Thank you.

I know this will get deleted, but either back up your claims with meteorology, or stop posting. Thank you.

this is all fun and games for now, but until we see shifts from the more reliable guidance (who am I kidding, the Euro and its ensembles), I think we'll have to take these developments as interesting but not "mother of god" status. The NCEP models have not only had a history of shenanigans in this time frame, but have had a specific history with bringing surface lows and precipitation shields too far north and west. And although every storm system is different, this would be an ideal situation for them to play into that bias.

Do people realize that the 12z Euro still gives DCA 1" qpf?

People are being irrational.  A week ago, if you said we could get an event with 1" or even .75 QPF, this forum would have been dancing with delight.   Now, if it's under 1.75", people start getting down.

Like I said earlier...only in this forum..

People are being irrational.  A week ago, if you said we could get an event with 1" or even .75 QPF, this forum would have been dancing with delight.   Now, if it's under 1.75", people start getting down.

Like I said earlier...only in this forum..

It's comical.  We spent days and days tracking .10" storms, getting excited when a model showed .18, but now the Euro ONLY shows 1.0" and it's  :axe:

this is all fun and games for now, but until we see shifts from the more reliable guidance (who am I kidding, the Euro and its ensembles), I think we'll have to take these developments as interesting but not "mother of god" status. The NCEP models have not only had a history of shenanigans in this time frame, but have had a specific history with bringing surface lows and precipitation shields too far north and west. And although every storm system is different, this would be an ideal situation for them to play into that bias.

You do realize 3 weeks ago the Euro gave Northern New Jersey pre blizzard? Think they ended up with 5 inches.

It's comical.  We spent days and days tracking .10" storms, getting excited when a model showed .18, but now the Euro ONLY shows 1.0" and it's  :axe:

It's all relative, but when it all comes down... people will see it doesn't really matter as long as they can get a snow day out of it.

Let's start with the excitement. Yes, the Euro has a better track record. But what IS a track record? I rode horses as a kid, and my pony was the swiftest around...until he broke his leg.

I won more competitions jumping with that pony over the 5 years I rode him than any of my friends (stick with me on this, true story) - Oddly, my horse was named 'Euro.'   But he was near lame the last 3. Statistically, I still beat out my friends over 8 years...even though I wasn't worth a darn the last 3.

Case in point: e2a279f6e8333bc5d9c78fb298f04296.png, where 2045a945ebbab3a1d1f46dc6aee16fcc.png and bb4f4d1782966fdfcbadc66dc4737358.png,  (YAAAY CONFLUENCE! DIFFLUENCE! HORRIZONTAL WIND!)

No, I don't sit here and run intangibles and play with numbers. I'm not that sadistic...but you too, can play with numbers and see how your favorite model stacks up!

Grab the 12z, line up the current time of your favorite frame - and then take a look at where you are now...in real time.

Does it add up? Why not? What happened in between?

Dollars to donuts, the GFS is more right than wrong for the last 24 hours. Shocker: the semi-long range NAM isn't slouching either. Euro will be the one to break, at least for the Mid/Atl.

Archived