CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
The March 6 Storm- The (last) Great White Hope

stormtracker

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PDIII, dont stretch it...for DC Balt....

QPF is around 1.50-1.75.....A bit will be lost to rain and snow that doesnt stick right away. Then you're stuck with bad ratios...There is no chance that DC hits 96/PDii #s...But they could def. do 6-12 if things go right. 

I tried to qualify that in my post... it is march... and temps are an issue... I am just saying from what the model depicted... the overall geographic extent.. million of people impacted.. and not mention.. 12 inches would be around 7:1 ratios with the amounts depicted... 12 inches would break a record for March I believe...

Do you all realize that Wes Junker typed the words "double digit accumulations" three times in his latest article, "thundersnow" once and "Dynamic" four times... does anyone truly understand the significance of this... 

FYI....DCA:

WED 00Z 06-MAR   2.6    -1.5    0.07         WED 06Z 06-MAR   1.3    -0.6    0.29       WED 12Z 06-MAR   1.4    -1.3    0.50         WED 18Z 06-MAR   1.0    -3.5    0.59       THU 00Z 07-MAR   1.3    -3.9    0.55      THU 06Z 07-MAR   0.1    -3.9    0.07      

33/34 degrees and about I would say the first .2 is prob rain... after should be snow

Maybe this is wishful thinking, but this feels like Dec. 19, 2009, when Charlottesville to Frederickburg Va was suppose to be the bullseye, but in the end the bullseye moved toward Dulles Airport if I recall.  And even for Feb. 5 2010, DC was suppose to be the bullseye, but it ended up being in northern Carrol County.. I'm no met, but seems to me the best bands usually set up about 50 miles from where its progged. Even in the well-forecast, modeled, Boston Blizzard last month, the heaviest snow didn't end up in Boston. It ended up in central Connecticut. 

Maybe this is wishful thinking, but this feels like Dec. 19, 2009, when Charlottesville to Frederickburg Va was suppose to be the bullseye, but in the end the bullseye moved toward Dulles Airport if I recall.  And even for Feb. 5 2010, DC was suppose to be the bullseye, but it ended up being in northern Carrol County.. I'm no met, but seems to me the best bands usually set up about 50 miles from where its progged. Even in the well-forecast, modeled, Boston Blizzard last month, the heaviest snow didn't end up in Boston. It ended up in central Connecticut. 

Charlottesville got nearly 24" and just south of there in Nelson county was the jackpot.

Archived