joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The March 6 Storm- The (last) Great White Hope

stormtracker

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly...especially when the current NAM solution is somewhere in between the GFS (farther N/wetter for DC) and the EC (farther S/drier).  Those of us in the DC area need to take solace that, at least for now, the NAM *still* is north of the EC and even north of the EC Mean by 60-84 hours.  However, yes it could very well be the beginning of a trend toward the EC.  Will be interesting to see if the 00Z GFS and GEFS...and 03Z SREF...do the same thing..

What is interesting is that 21z SREFs were around 1.5 to 1.75 for DCA per Zwyts.  But then again, neither the NAM nor the SREFs are really usable at that range

Yeah except it looks like the euro

I'd rather just go with the euro itself. I don't care what the nam shows ever. It is terrible. Our forum is incorrigible sometimes. It makes me want to post elsewhere. Ill probably roll somewhere else for the rest of the evening. I didn't suffer here all this snowless winter to have our one opportunity soiled by a bunch of bandwagoners. If they browsed all winter they sure as hell can browse now as well

Many people here laughed at the NAM earlier today when it was ridiculous in the other direction. No need to freak out just because a single run shows DC with "only" 1" QPF.

The NAM has no skill at that range. We have known this and observed it for years now. It is a short range model and a bad one at that. This forum is like New Years or st patty'd day. All your favorite watering holes get overrun by douchebags for one day. Total amateur hour.

Unless you are a met If you spent all winter on the sidelines then stay there. We have absolutely no interest in what you have to say.

We have certain posters in this thread who are only here when their area looks to be gold. Many of us have been here all winter long, good and bad. I support what you said 100%. I know exactly what I want to see happen for them.

Does anyone have any information on the NAM4 verses NAM12? Any reason one model does not stink more than the other! Any weight to one verses the other?

NAM4 shows heavier precip on Northern VA and MD.. so that is why I am asking.

NOT that the NAM really matters.. so this is a bit of curiousity. NAM 4 is a higher resolution NAM product.

Anyone help a weenie out?

The NAM has no skill at that range. We have known this and observed it for years now. It is a short range model and a bad one at that. This forum is like New Years or st patty'd day. All your favorite watering holes get overrun by douchebags for one day. Total amateur hour.

The NAM doesn't suddenly get really prescient 48-60 hours out. The busts this year, and 1/11, and so many others since 2003 have showed us that. Discounting the NAM's solution earlier today was warranted, and taking this one with a grain of salt is just as much. 

We have certain posters in this thread who are only here when their area looks to be gold. Many of us have been here all winter long, good and bad. I support what you said 100%. I know exactly what I want to see happen for them.

There's no reason to post unless you have new info to add... I don't post when things are bad because I don't care as much. I don't follow it as closely nor spend much time on my own interpretations. Dunno if this was directed at me or not, but I kinda feel like it was.

Wrong.

Archived