• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Revenge of the Weekend Warrior Storm: 2/15-2/16

PhineasC

The returns to the south-southwest are only a tease.

This whole damned winter was nothing but one gigantic tease.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me

Those returns are developing BUT they will miss me and DCA just to the east.  Overnight snow is a Wes Special - i predict at least 2 inches in his BY by 6am. Models indicated as much - precip blooms over night but tracks parallel to I 95 to our east. Then the storm goes BOOM!!!!! smack dab over weatherwiz' hood

In short, winter is now over, I am bitter and sick with disappointment, and facing the prospect of one of the hottest summers ever in DC as global warming accelerates. I expect at least one day of 110 plus degrees in Washington this July. 2013 will be the hottest year ever in North America and the drought in the Plains will continue and get even worse as major rivers dry up and turn to dust. Global Warming is real and something drastic must be done to try and slow it down. I hate living here and I will die in northern Virginia. I will never get out. I'm serving a life sentence in hell.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If this is correct that band indicates the storm has gone Negative and pushed to the band back NW so much so the Cape Hatt is dry slotting....lol a full fledged EC snowstorm....

While I could see precip being bullish for sure, can the RAP's track really be THAT far off?  I honestly haven't paid much attention to it.

From the NOAA site  :whistle:

"When accurate and timely weather modeling is needed most, the new Rapid Refresh model delivers," said Louis Uccellini, Ph.D., director, NOAA's National Centers for Environmental Prediction, a part of NOAA's National Weather Service. "This new tool ensures that forecasts are the best they can be by using the latest science and computer techniques in an effort to create a more Weather-Ready Nation."

Looking at PSU's obs from Manchester earlier this evening it is interesting, in a depressing way, what an extra 400-450ft in elevation can mean when it comes to these marginal events. While he reported 3+ inches, only 10 miles up the road in Hanover, we have zilch. Went to bed at 8:30 last night with it still raining with the occasional icy rain drop mixed in while he had been reporting sn+ for quite awhile by then.

No surprises with the 06Z NAM. Slightly SE as well as a touch more consolidated with the low compared to the 00Z. The run does pull the better rates closer to the coast where another 50 miles would potentially put them into a moderate event if temps cooperate.

Edit: No major changes with the 06Z GFS compared to the 00Z.

Looking at PSU's obs from Manchester earlier this evening it is interesting, in a depressing way, what an extra 400-450ft in elevation can mean when it comes to these marginal events. While he reported 3+ inches, only 10 miles up the road in Hanover, we have zilch. Went to bed at 8:30 last night with it still raining with the occasional icy rain drop mixed in while he had been reporting sn+ for quite awhile by then.

I can confirm. Drove to pa last night after the snow. Going northeast to York good snow along the higher terrain through lineboro and Glenn rock (800-1000 ft). Then when I came down into York suddenly just wet. No snow the rest of the way up to pine grove just rain

Except on ridges.

Archived