e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Revenge of the Weekend Warrior Storm: 2/15-2/16

PhineasC

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can confirm. Drove to pa last night after the snow. Going northeast to York good snow along the higher terrain through lineboro and Glenn rock (800-1000 ft). Then when I came down into York suddenly just wet. No snow the rest of the way up to pine grove just rain

Except on ridges.

Total elevation event.  This is why even in larger events we seem to  jackpot sometimes due to ratios being better.  Just an amazing micro climate around the Mason Dixon line due to elevation.

Total elevation event.  This is why even in larger events we seem to  jackpot sometimes due to ratios being better.  Just an amazing micro climate around the Mason Dixon line due to elevation.

Yep, for the V day storm I drove up a hill that was only 300ft tall they had 2 inches to my dusting at 50 ft. Amazing. It doesn't take much.

Thread is dead guess we have all given up on a coastal miracle.

I suspect someone in Calvert and St Mary's county will see snow but my temp is 36.8 so it is no likely to stick and the radar echoes don't look that great.   The coastal miracle looks too far east for me to get much more than a period of light snow if it gets as far enough north in the county.

I suspect someone in Calvert and St Mary's county will see snow but my temp is 36.8 so it is no likely to stick and the radar echoes don't look that great.   The coastal miracle looks too far east for me to get much more than a period of light snow if it gets as far enough north in the county.

I think both you and I will see snow...though it may be too light or not accumulate well

Looking at PSU's obs from Manchester earlier this evening it is interesting, in a depressing way, what an extra 400-450ft in elevation can mean when it comes to these marginal events. While he reported 3+ inches, only 10 miles up the road in Hanover, we have zilch. Went to bed at 8:30 last night with it still raining with the occasional icy rain drop mixed in while he had been reporting sn+ for quite awhile by then.

I didn't know that Hanover was in such a valley. Or maybe just your home location is in a valley. Most areas of Carroll County had about 2 inches of snow in central and northern parts of Carroll.

I didn't know that Hanover was in such a valley. Or maybe just your home location is in a valley. Most areas of Carroll County had about 2 inches of snow in central and northern parts of Carroll.

I think most of Hanover sits at about 600 ft. but the area right along the md/pa line is 800-1000 and stays at 800 ft. until you get to the Walmart in South Hanover. After that point it drops off. I got close to 3 here about mile north of town. Took the kids to basketball this morning in Hampstead and amounts remained uniform down there as well ( a solid 2-3 ). I would assume a drastic drop off once you get to Arcadia/Boring. Maybe Hanover didn't get into quite as heavy a band as we did, however 800 ft. up seemed to be the magic number with this event.

It's has more to do with the fact that Manchester sits at a little over a thousand feet. Pretty much the high point for our area. Hanover sits at roughly 600 ' which is comparable to most locations in Carroll. Think the fact that you all got accumulating snow is more the fact that you had better rates to overcome the BL then what we did up here..

It's has more to do with the fact that Manchester sits at a little over a thousand feet. Pretty much the high point for our area. Hanover sits at roughly 600 ' which is comparable to most locations in Carroll. Think the fact that you all got accumulating snow is more the fact that you had better rates to overcome the BL then what we did up here..

Yeah, My house sits at 860 ft. exactly and that is one of the lower spots in the area. The ridge behind my house goes up to 1050 or so.

I think most of Hanover sits at about 600 ft. but the area right along the md/pa line is 800-1000 and stays at 800 ft. until you get to the Walmart in South Hanover. After that point it drops off. I got close to 3 here about mile north of town. Took the kids to basketball this morning in Hampstead and amounts remained uniform down there as well ( a solid 2-3 ). I would assume a drastic drop off once you get to Arcadia/Boring. Maybe Hanover didn't get into quite as heavy a band as we did, however 800 ft. up seemed to be the magic number with this event.

I think most of Hanover sits at about 600 ft. but the area right along the md/pa line is 800-1000 and stays at 800 ft. until you get to the Walmart in South Hanover. After that point it drops off. I got close to 3 here about mile north of town. Took the kids to basketball this morning in Hampstead and amounts remained uniform down there as well ( a solid 2-3 ). I would assume a drastic drop off once you get to Arcadia/Boring. Maybe Hanover didn't get into quite as heavy a band as we did, however 800 ft. up seemed to be the magic number with this event.

Yeah seems like 800 ft is the lucky number in this kind of event. I sit at 850, it was all snow from what I could tell last night. If there was any rain it was at the very beginning and didn't last long. After a high of 56, that was quite remarkable.

Yeah seems like 800 ft is the lucky number in this kind of event. I sit at 850, it was all snow from what I could tell last night. If there was any rain it was at the very beginning and didn't last long. After a high of 56, that was quite remarkable.

Here too. Some light rain briefly then a quick flip to moderate/heavy snow.

I'm in ocean city for the weekend... It's rain right now.

This morning the temp was 41 and and as soon as it started raining, temps quickly went down to about 37. Pretty excited for a chance to see snow here, it'll be a first for me.

I thought the temperature profile was good but apparently the front has not completely passed through here.

Archived