joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Great Blizzard of 2013 Cleanup

CT Rain

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No school in Tolland tomorrow. Wtf. And Thursday will be a snow day with that storm. Bye bye April vaca

Wow... what the heck are the public works departments doing down there? 

That was a lot of snow, don't get me wrong, but I'm surprised at how long it is taking to clean it up.  Just drive the monster plows through the streets and call it a day. 

After the dense wind-blown 30 inches in Valentines Day 2007, the snow stopped at like 9pm and a bunch of us went skiing first thing in the morning from Burlington in a rear wheel drive Volvo, lol...all roads passable, interstate 89 plowed wide by 7am the next morning.  The next night they trucked all the snow out of Burlington and then it was like it never happened like 36 hours later.

For a place that sees so much extreme weather, I'm surprised CT isn't better prepared for this stuff ;)

<bait> 

That was a lot of snow, don't get me wrong, but I'm surprised at how long it is taking to clean it up. Just drive the monster plows through the streets and call it a day.

After the dense wind-blown 30 inches in Valentines Day 2007, the snow stopped at like 9pm and a bunch of us went skiing first thing in the morning from Burlington in a rear wheel drive Volvo, lol...all roads passable, interstate 89 plowed wide by 7am the next morning. The next night they trucked all the snow out of Burlington and then it was like it never happened like 36 hours later.

For a place that sees so much extreme weather, I'm surprised CT isn't better prepared for this stuff ;)

<bait>

Streets are clear and passable in Tolland. They had them clear yesterday. Bang up job. Dpw one of best in state. It's the school roofs they're afraid of. We've had 6 structures collapse in town already and they aren't taking any chances.

That was a lot of snow, don't get me wrong, but I'm surprised at how long it is taking to clean it up. Just drive the monster plows through the streets and call it a day.

After the dense wind-blown 30 inches in Valentines Day 2007, the snow stopped at like 9pm and a bunch of us went skiing first thing in the morning from Burlington in a rear wheel drive Volvo, lol...all roads passable, interstate 89 plowed wide by 7am the next morning. The next night they trucked all the snow out of Burlington and then it was like it never happened like 36 hours later.

<bait>

I was on my roads Saturday, do not know why Tolland is closed tomorrow. Today was an ice closure here. But with a melt day today IDK why a rural town would have issues.

Someone told me boston is closed until Wednesday? Negotiation on foot today with huge puddles at intersection made me wish this snow be gone.

I mistakenly walked right into a 6" ice puddle by Park St. today.  Looked shallow, but boy was I wrong.  On the way back, I decided to take my chances being hit by a car on Tremont than navigating through that lake.  

Archived