northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
February 13/14 VD Storm discussion

Bostonseminole

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonder who's paying attention, but ... it was discussed earlier in this thread that the dynamics for this system are inside the domain over N America - I have noted in the past that when that is the case the NAM tends to do better, over it having to depend on relaying from other domains.   

Jan 2005 was a NAM coup ;)   I wish posts going forward would explore that, and seeing if this is another of those circumstances.  No, not a Jan 2005 redux, but if the NAM does better in general here.  

It actually looks to me like there are 2 systems for concern in the middle to extended range - this one, and then a full latitude trough amplification later on...

Good to hear that the euro trended north. We don't want this showing a big hit with a 3 day lead time though so I like it.

well, i would argue that. I guess your saying you think this will trend north

"From other threads sounds like EC is north but not like the NAM/GFS."

if the 0z euro ens aren't north of the operational than we are reaching

perhaps the euro holding back energy in the sw/ bias will keep it more south till tommorrow 12z # weenie logic

perhaps the euro holding back energy in the sw/ bias will keep it more south till tommorrow 12z # weenie logic

The speed of the system on the models has been getting this in quicker each cycle, so that could be a logical explanation on the euro.

Did you read Tips post? I like where this one sits right now, just because the Euro was king last storm doesnt mean its going to be right all the time.

I think we have to toss the GFS/NAM..What i do think happens is we see a couple inches from the Mass Pike south like a 1-3 or 2-4..but nothing more than that..Nice to see the Euro ens get some snow well north into SNE though.

I'm going to buy a generator, canned goods and zombie fighting gear. You said the blizzard of 2013 would give us less snow than the Wednesday flizzard. We should probably both defer to ginxy and dryslot. What say thee?

Archived