northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
February 13/14 VD Storm discussion

Bostonseminole

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol, nickel and diming to 56" is not fun. I'm watching the weekend system. H144 on the euro is promising.

That's our climate... we do 6-12 type storms and then a lot of 1-6" snowfalls ;)

Occasionally we'll get a 20-40 inch biggie, aside from the occasional large upslope events like last February's 2-3 footer.

Inclined to toss this after the GFS basically goes to the EURO, but the fact that the NAM has had this for 4-5 runs now is something to watch. Not totally tossing the NAM and therefore the storm, but need to see something else come onboard to get intrested. 1-3" here is a decent possibility, anything more than that will take some work.

-skisheep

It was pretty cold after the '78 blizzard, but I think everything was supressed. Possibly there were snow events to our south..not sure.

I recall around March 10th we still had a large amount of that snow remaining on he ground despite having almost nothing more.

The next big snowstorm here was the beautiful Christmas Eve Noreaster in '78 where a foot fell. That was an inland snowmaker for the most part.

Never snowed again that month. That was a multi day stall though. I bet we get a few more legit threats.

We were saying all along we just needed the balls to align right once and they did.

Archived