Newest Member
    EWR757
Feb 8-9th Blizzard Thread

dryslot

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not seeing the trainwreck. 

I see it dropping max QPF in the same areas as the RGEM and the SREFs.

I don't get what the big deal is in the Boston and Providence Metro area and SE.   It's right where it's been....1.5+ 2+ etc.

Good depiction of how far west the banding is even though its further east

it's a big difference though for a lot of the region. 

I just compared to the 18z same 36 hour end...it's a little different in CT where it had that weird blob, but not much.  I mean it's pretty close for a storm of this caliber. 

isn't the gfs more or less on its own?

I think it's in line with the RGEM, waiting for verification but if you step through the RGEM tonight it looks to me like it keeps the heaviest banding maybe even a little east of the OP GFS (east of it's 12z run a few miles)

Stay the course, I don't see the reason for the jumping.  Like Will said there will be wobbles. 

I'm not seeing the trainwreck.

I see it dropping max QPF in the same areas as the RGEM and the SREFs.

I don't get what the big deal is in the Boston and Providence Metro area and SE. It's right where it's been....1.5+ 2+ etc.

It would be a big deal at this point because everyone's gone balls to the wall with the idea that this will be a region-wide paralyzing blizzard - not just a crush job for a portion of SE NE.

Ok, so let's say the GFS solution came to fruition, wouldn't the "epic deform band" that everyone has progged to hit the berkshires based on the NAM/Euro simply shift east into the Boston Metro? Isn't it just as good a solution, simply a different way of achieving it? Am I missing something?

I think folks have to get off the name train. I mean for the last two months people were calling it a piece of crap and now because it shows an epic storm, its the belle of the ball? It's clouding peoples better judgment I think including mine.

I don't think most here are on the NAM train...plenty of us stated reasons why we shouldn't trust it right now.

I think folks have to get off the name train. I mean for the last two months people were calling it a piece of crap and now because it shows an epic storm, its the belle of the ball? It's clouding peoples better judgment I think including mine.

It's all about consistencies.  for the past week the Euro and NAM have been holding very steady with their solutions while we have seen more wobble from the GFS.  The NAM/Euro have been much more consistent with the handling of the phasing than the GFS has been.  Of course the GFS could be right b/c you never know with phasing but it's hard to argue and go against what has been more consistent.  

Archived