e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Blizzard Observation Thread Feb 8-9th 2013

dryslot

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really. You were progged to have BL issues and mixing down there. ENE winds don't do well for the cape lol

Problem was track of mid level centers shut us off during the peak.

Epic storm. Power damage will be worst for any winter storm probably in history here. We missed a foot or two more by 100-125 miles. But it was a good storm.

We had a period of frzra last night that has coated everything in ice. Ugly

Somewhere between 9 and 16" on the ground. Impossible to tell how much fell

21.2" is my final here. Probably would've been a bit more if I had measured every six hours but I think 21.2 is a fair measurement. There are areas in my yard with as much as 37" and areas as low as 4"... It seems like we got into a bit of a hole overnight as I had 11.6" at midnight, but whatever. Hey, if I'm one of the low spots at 21.2", then you know it was a pretty damn good storm! I'm satisfied!

Just came in from 2.5 hrs of snow clearing and I still have lots to do1  I was able to do a better job measuring and the average of my measurements was 26.1.  This ranks it #2 for me in the past 29 years.  It's behind April '97 and above Feb '06.

My son liked the fact that it was up to his shoulders.  I hope he has some good memories of this!

Clean up seems to be happening pretty quickly. Would be surprised if things weren't back to normal by Monday, less the power outages. 

At least with NSTar the outage numbers keep increasing.  253k now.  I think it could be days/week before we see power back in much of the area.  (over here)

Many towns are at 90+ % out.

People are just starting to dig out here. Just finished second car. Piles are immense

I can only imagine the parking situation in Boston/Cambridge and surrounding.  Fun time digging out.  I ended up with 19".  Respectable to say the least, but short of the 'historic' level.  Met/exceeded my expecations out here.

Congrats to you folks out east and down south.  Awesome reports and pics!

Archived